Photo Editing Software

KWAK

Just curious as to what photo editing software everyone uses. I just found this section on the boards and there are some great pics here!

I currently have Picture It! I wanted to be able to add color to black and white pics - but am not crazy about the saturation levels it gives me (unless I'm just not doing it right!). I also have Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 - which I just haven't taken the time to figure out.

What does everyone else use and why? Do you think it's easy to navigate?

MrX

High Octane
I currently use Photoshop CS3 for nearly everything, it is fairly easy to navigate and use once you take the time to learn it. I also have Corel PaintShop Pro Photo X2 which is very nice as well (and much cheaper than photoshop).

JEB

I use Elements 3.
The organizer is great with easy dowloading from your camera, browsing and tagging your pics.
If you're having trouble with saturation levels it might be your monitor calibration. ;)

JLS

I currently use Photoshop CS3 for nearly everything, it is fairly easy to navigate and use once you take the time to learn it. I also have Corel PaintShop Pro Photo X2 which is very nice as well (and much cheaper than photoshop).

I purchased the Corel Paintshop Pro but haven't gotten it set up on my computer yet, is it easy to use? I can't wait to try it...

Tomcat

Anytime
I think PSP is fairly easy to use :yay:
I've been using it for years (before Corel bought them) just about as powerful as Photoshop and easier to use. I also use Photoshop when I can't get what I want from PSP. Sometimes both to get a certain effect.

MrX

High Octane
I've been using it for years (before Corel bought them) just about as powerful as Photoshop and easier to use. I also use Photoshop when I can't get what I want from PSP. Sometimes both to get a certain effect.

I have too...back when it was JASC. I also will use both to get the effect I want sometimes. :yay:

chess

low 5... hi 5......

:yeahthat:

C

czygvtwkr

Paint.NET is free and I like the interface much better than GIMP.

T

TwilightImaging

Half Angel...there are many web sites out here that have tutorials on everything from basic to advanced PS techniques, a lot of books as well. But spending time on any editing software, moooocho time...for me...has been the best way to grasp what is possible.
As mentioned, make sure your calibrated, use new layers, and adjust away...and enjoy! And remember...there is really no exact way to make adjustments to communicate an image, any image...that comes from you.
I once read a tagline from someones signature "I know it's underexposed...I want it that way:)"