It has skin!!!!!

Cowgirl

:bawl: I'm so disappointed that our country has become so detached from our food sources. :bawl: All people know is that chicken, beef, and pork come from the plastic wrapped trays in the supermarket. :bawl:

Geek

Well I have cooked this bastard for an hour. Now I do really have to touch it. :bawl:

Why does the skin have to be so thick :bawl:

Vince

And it is creeping me out :yikes:

I am making my first ham. And I peeled off the paper and there was all this leathery skin!!!!

I want to use this recipe

But how do I deal with the SKIN!!!! Yuck. Damn. Creeping me out.
What kind of ham did you buy? If it's an old salt or sugar cured Country ham it would definitely still have the skin on it and has to be cut away. But you don't bake those. They are used for breakfast, slicing and frying. If it's just a regular ham with a skin? Cut it off and trim some of the fat too before you put whatever on it and bake it.

Geek

So that it can stand up to wallowing around in mud and poo. Don't worry though - the poo was only on the outside of the skin.

:bigwhoop:

What kind of ham did you buy? If it's an old salt or sugar cured Country ham it would definitely still have the skin on it and has to be cut away. But you don't bake those. They are used for breakfast, slicing and frying. If it's just a regular ham with a skin? Cut it off and trim some of the fat too before you put whatever on it and bake it.

Well, Hubby came home and trimmed it and rolled his eyes at me.

:yikes: You can't make that today, it is only for Sundays!!
Baked Ham with Low Carb Maple Bourbon Glaze Recipe courtesy George Stella Show: Low Carb and Lovin' It Episode: Sunday Dinner :lmao:

I really should have waited, this thing is taking forever.

Toxick

Splat
But how do I deal with the SKIN!!!! Yuck. Damn. Creeping me out.

Rip it off with your teeth.

Pretend you're killing a live pig with only your hands and teeth. Make loud pig noises while you do it.

If you have any fake blood today is the day to try it out. Dump it on your face and in your hair and on your clothes about half-way through to simulate an arterial death-strike.

Let out a primal scream when you're done, and hold the carcass over your head triumphantly.