Urban Exploring

B

Bronwyn

Knowing her... I think she means exploring old buildings like old closed down mental hospital... old military base... anything like that. Correct me if I'm wrong!

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Anyone around here do any?

Do ya?! Do ya?!?

I am currently in St.Marie Montana and this place used to be an Air Force base in the late 60's. They closed it I believe in 76 and its like a time warp. I was in the control tower the other day and its almost as they left it. Old documents dated in the 70's and were typed. Found an old teletype machine that looked new. The housing area is mostly abandoned with many houses just sitting there. Its all very very cool.

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
I used to live on an air force base in PA. Old FAA towers and radio equipment.. It had a printing press and I stole a letter as a memento. Shame on me, but I couldn't help it.

There's a civil war era plantation house in KY I used to play in as a kid, with a baby grand piano in the attic/playroom that had to be placed in the house with a pulley system or something because the staircase was only two feet wide:yikes:

I've got pictures of an old coffin shop that burned down about 100 years ago.. It was in a patch of woods in town, but you could hardly see it. Very cool.

:yay:

AndyMarquisLIVE

Been there. There is nothing left of it.
I want to head down there sometime so I can write an obit about it. That's where the President's Cup Nationals began.

I plan to go by there in the coming weeks, but I'm not sure who to contact to seek permission. I'm working on that now, though.

I'd also like to head down to Marlboro Speedway one day, but that'll be for a day I'm in D.C. :smile:

E

EmptyTimCup

I am currently in St.Marie Montana and this place used to be an Air Force base in the late 60's. They closed it I believe in 76 and its like a time warp. I was in the control tower the other day and its almost as they left it. Old documents dated in the 70's and were typed. Found an old teletype machine that looked new. The housing area is mostly abandoned with many houses just sitting there. Its all very very cool.

Is it being cleaned up ? or left abandoned

is there any scrounging ........ I saw on the History Channel - like 2 weeks ago, there is a Federal Evac Center / Command Center on the old Lorton Prison Grounds in the basement of one of the buildings ........ still stuck in the 60's

where better to find a Federal C3 site then under DC's Lorton Prison .......

boredincalvert

I used to live on an air force base in PA. Old FAA towers and radio equipment.. It had a printing press and I stole a letter as a memento. Shame on me, but I couldn't help it.

Is that the place you were telling me about maybe, Bronwyn?

Nope...but eh, doesn't seem to be anything left they say. There's quite a few abandoned hospitals around here...anyone been around to any of those?

:smile: :drool:

B

Bronwyn

I honestly don't remember.

Well, she mentioned that it was an AF base, and Fort Ritchie isn't, so it must be a different place.

You seems to really like exploring old hospitals/Mental facilities... would you say that they are your favorite kind of place or is there somewhere better you would enjoy?