Play Groups

Elle

Happy Camper!
Are there any play groups in St. Mary's County??? A friend of mine has a 2 year old little boy who is in private daycare where there are no kids his age and is looking for friends for him.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
No one is ignoring you. There just isn't much around in the area in the way of play groups. I have a 2-yr old, 4-yr old and an infant. I've never heard of a play group around here and I don't know anyone who has taken their kid either.

My kids have gotten interaction with their peers in a couple of different ways. I am a licensed daycare provider and I try to recruit customers who have kids the same age as mine. Also, I started going to Jazzercise. They provide child care for most of their classes (at locations in Hughesville and White Plains). I get a workout and most of the time, my kids get kids their own age to play with. I also made sure my 4 yr old got into preschool so that he would have even more chance to interact with kids his age.

Last edited:

Kirsten

Hi ladies, a thought on this. I will hopefully be moving into a house in Bushwood sometime in the next month or so. The property is sitting on an acre of land that hubby is planning to fence in a huge chunk. Maybe we could start a playgroup? I have 26 month old b/g twins and a 5.5 year old son. He will start kindergarten this fall, so I will have time during the day.

I will let you know more on when I will be moving when I know more. It took the seller a WEEK before he even reviewed and signed the contract. And he is very nitpicky about it and has made changes that we now need to review and see if we are willing to accept. At this rate it will be the end of summer before the darn house is closed on! Ah well I just want to get in to a house and get a routine going again.

love2scrapbook

playgroups in St Marys

They have a moms club in the tri-county area. I have a 2 year old son who isn't around anyone his age. We could set up playdates once a week at a park, McDonalds play yard, etc...at the same time take turns going to each others house. I would be so interested. My daughter will be in school all day and it will be my son and I. Email me if you are interested. So many ways we could work this out. Let's talk!

Marcy

love2scrapbook00@yahoo.com

Kirsten

Marcy I tried to email at the one you have listed but it came back to me as undeliverable.

Anyhow I am interested in trying to get something going once I move down there. We are looking at moving down there the weekend of the 12th. It will probably take me a few days to get organized but hey I'm game as soon as I get settled.