Broadband???

zeroklown

I just moved to Great Mills from San Antonio. Does anyone know if there are any high speed internet providers in the area other than GMP? I just got GMP but they suck. Their customer service is pretty lame, its like talking to a 4 year old for help.

ZeroKlown...

I can't give you specifics, but yes, St Mary's County does have DSL (verizon?) and wireless. I'm sure others will provide the details you need.

I can tell you that the quailty of the technolgy you use depends a great deal on where you connect. Some areas are good for DSL, others are good for cable.

For example, I live in Hollywood (about 2 miles from the cable company) and I've enjoyed great service since day one (March 2002). I've never needed to call their customer service, so I can't speak to that. I think Oz can confirm this based on his experience.

Previous thread in this forum have beat this topic to death. Rather than repeat them, I'll let you refer back to them.

I do know that GMP has just started a major cable upgrade that should improve service. The Hollywood folks are the lucky ones here - that's where the upgrade starts. I don't know when the work will be finished though.

In any case, good luck finding a service you're happy with.

Warron

I have verizon dsl and I'm just south of lexington park on willow road. You can go to the web sight http://www.verizononline.com and enter your telephone number to see if you can get it. Its only $35 a month right now for 1.5 meg down, 128k up. I have had it for a year with no compliants. It has never gone down in the entire year.

zeroklown

According to the website verizon doesn't offer broadband on my appartment.:burning: I'm hoping there is another one out there besides GMP!!

Steve

Enjoying life!
I have some of the GMP folks' home numbers! That's how often I call them about service! We have been down 4 days in the last month alone.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
I'm off Pegg Road and have Earthlink DSL, try going to their website and checking availability. Originally they showed me as eligible while Verizon did not.