Ruby Tuesday

I wasn't sure what I wanted for dinner tonight, so after flipping a coin, I decided on Ruby Tuesday for salad and "something else". I haven't been there in a while, so I was a bit surprised when I was seated. The first thing that caught my eye were the tablecloths. I don't remember ever seeing them there before. Ok, nice touch. Ordered a burger and salad, nothing fancy. The burger description said "fresh seasonal tomatoes". Yeah.... Right... Nobody serves tomatoes that aren't green and crunchy in the winter, especially a chain. Got the burger, and the tomatoes were actually dark red and soft, not crunchy. Looked and tasted pretty darn close to a summer tomato. They even got "medium rare" right. Waitress asks if I need any sauces for my burger. Thought the way she asked was a bit odd... "sauce". Just ketchup, thanx. Noticed no bottle on my table. Quick look around, no "57" on ANY table. Hmmm.... waitress brings out my ketchup.... in a stainless steel cup, not in a bottle, with another with some extra mayo, and 2 neatly folded napkins. Ok, REALLY nice touch.

So, did I blink and miss something, or has Ruby Tuesday taken a step upwards towards a better restaurant ???

jenbengen

Watch it
They are trying to be more upscale with the fancy plates, menus, and so on. The only thing I noticed was that the price went up. But our food was good.

They are trying to be more upscale with the fancy plates, menus, and so on. The only thing I noticed was that the price went up. But our food was good.

Yeah, I did notice the $16 bill for an iced tea, salad and burger... :faint:

Now if they would just ask their customers to not use their cell phones on speakerphone....

Last edited:

belvak

Happy Camper
Yeah, I did notice the $16 bill for an iced tea, salad and burger... :faint:

Now if they would just ask their customers to not use their cell phones on speakerphone....

We had burgers, oven roasted potatoes, and corn-on-the-cob at a really nice down-home joint tonight... belvak's!! :yahoo: It was so nice to cook out without a coat on!! :clap: Oh, and the cost... For 5 adults, about $20. :lmao: Seriously though, It is nice to see that Ruby's is trying to dress the joint up a bit.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
The menu has changed. Another formie and I had a very good lunch there and we were surprised in a good way:yikes:

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
waitress brings out my ketchup.... in a stainless steel cup, not in a bottle,

This is why I don't eat at Ruby Tuesday anymore.

When I order a burger and fries--even if it's a "gourmet" burger and fries--I don't want to have to ration my precisely measured .70 tsp. of ketchup. I want to be able to dunk and slosh each french fry in the stuff, then grab the bottle and drown them in some more without having to flag my waitress over and ask if she'll bring me another precisely measured steel ramekin of .70 tsp. of ketchup, and then wait 10 minutes for her to do so (while my fries get cold).

jwwb2000

pretty black roses

When I order a burger and fries--even if it's a "gourmet" burger and fries--I don't want to have to ration my precisely measured .70 tsp. of ketchup. I want to be able to dunk and slosh each french fry in the stuff, then grab the bottle and drown them in some more without having to flag my waitress over and ask if she'll bring me another precisely measured steel ramekin of .70 tsp. of ketchup, and then wait 10 minutes for her to do so (while my fries get cold).

Just do what Kwillia does and carry extra packets of ketchup with you :yay:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08

Last time I went, Kwillia was there. She was NOT happy about those little ketchup thingies.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
A lot of typos tonight.... liquid dinner?

Not a drop. I got everything put back in place, vacuumed, washed sheets, showered and washed my hair, made the bed and recalibrated my stereo. I have had water. Maybe I'll wine tomorrow!

ocean733

I went to Ruby Tuesday's recently and hadn't been there for quite a few years. I was kind of surprised. The menu wasn't as good as I remember. :ohwell:

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
:roflmao: funny karma. Someone cares who and what groups I go to lunch with. ASSuming makes an ass just out of u. :roflmao: :howdy: I :heart: clueless idiots. :kiss:

boredincalvert

I hate the change at Ruby's!

That place used to be my favorite sit down place around. It was fun and casual. They've decided they're upscale now and even their cheese fries have a new name and a smaller plate!!

The place is lame now. :dead:

MrX

High Octane
Stopped by the one in California around 8pm saturday night and the place was packed...and had about an hour wait! Never seen that Ruby Tuesday's that busy! I think the changes are nice though, they finally look different than Applebee's with the decor change.