Rita's Italian Ice

mrboswell

is coming to Lexington Park,where McDonalds used to be on GM road! Yay,no more driving to Charlotte Hall for it whenever my little ones want some custard,:yahoo: My daughter is really excited.

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
maybe they are finally putting something where that Lonely house sits. Is that thing still there. I cannot even remember.

Mateo

Yes,it looks like the building will house both businesses,unless maybe they are building in the parking lot..the sign on back of the place says "Rita's Coming Soon".

Great...I love Italian Ice and it sure isn't the same when buying at the siper.:drool:

wineo

loving life
maybe they are finally putting something where that Lonely house sits. Is that thing still there. I cannot even remember.

Its been gone for over 2 years :whistle:Mountain Mud is in parking lot right behind where the house was.

Hubbys brother helped tear it down:coffee:

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
Its been gone for over 2 years :whistle:Mountain Mud is in parking lot right behind where the house was.

Hubbys brother helped tear it down:coffee:

Yeah I drove past there the other day and realized it was gone. It was one of those things that had been there so long I never paid attention to whether or not anyone tore it down.

Is Rita's going on the piece of land where that house was? I have never had anything from there so I am excited on trying it.

has anyone eaten at the chicken coop ?

I stopped there this weekend. The girl behind the counter and the guy dragging boxes in from his car were the nicest folks, making sure everything was alright, that the food was good, asking if it was my first time, etc... I assumed he was the owner.

As far as the wings, they were good. Not undercooked, not over, served hot. However, I'm a "traditionalist" when it comes to my wings, and I like mine just deep fried and sauced. Theirs were lightly breaded. They were good, but I prefer no breading.

belvak

Happy Camper
Okay, pretty much :offtopic:, but back when I went to St. Mary's College we used to go to that McDonald's every so often. One time when a few of us hit "The Park," we stopped in and there was a Mom with her little boy at a table near us. At the time, the McDonald's was decorated with photos of the Presidents. The Mom was pointing out the pictures and asking her Son who they were. He did really well until he got to Abraham Lincoln who he identified as "Abraham Lincoln Log." I will never forget that one!

pilot

I stopped there this weekend. The girl behind the counter and the guy dragging boxes in from his car were the nicest folks, making sure everything was alright, that the food was good, asking if it was my first time, etc... I assumed he was the owner.

As far as the wings, they were good. Not undercooked, not over, served hot. However, I'm a "traditionalist" when it comes to my wings, and I like mine just deep fried and sauced. Theirs were lightly breaded. They were good, but I prefer no breading.

I agree, the people who run the place seem like really nice people.

I thought the food was great. I don't normally eat fried foods for health reasons, but everything was light and crispy--definitely not greasy. They had a full range of hot sauces ranging from mild to extremely hot.

If you haven't been there yet, check it out!

thistle

I feel the same way about the breading. It just gets soggy and gross after you add sauce to it, kind of like a frozen Tyson's wing or something.

I feel the same way about the breading. It just gets soggy and gross after you add sauce to it, kind of like a frozen Tyson's wing or something.

If I'm smart, and remember..(Ha, good luck there..) I ask for the sauce on the side. That way they don't drown or get soggy sitting in the the sauce.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome

If the wings are fresh form the fryer, the breading is good. That's why the VFW has awesome wings. They are fresh and you can get them breaded or naked :yum: