Cream of Tartar

Cowgirl

I am making a recipe that calls for a large amount (1/2-1 cup), and I'm not sure where to find it in bulk like that. Any suggestions on the types of stores that might carry it? I need to get it soon....like, before the 14th, so I'm not sure if ordering online would work or not. :ohwell:

MMDad

Lem Putt
I am making a recipe that calls for a large amount (1/2-1 cup), and I'm not sure where to find it in bulk like that. Any suggestions on the types of stores that might carry it? I need to get it soon....like, before the 14th, so I'm not sure if ordering online would work or not. :ohwell:
You're on the eastern shore, right? Byler's Amish Store, just west of Dover. They do a lot of that kind of bulk stuff.

Welcome to Byler's Country Store

Cowgirl

You're on the eastern shore, right? Byler's Amish Store, just west of Dover. They do a lot of that kind of bulk stuff.

:roflmao: As soon as I posted this, I smacked myself (I really did). I just called them and they have it. :yay:

SoMDGirl42

The recipe I have calls for :

3 cups flour
1/2 cup salt
6 tlbs. cream of tartar
3 tbls oil
3 cups water

How much are you making?

Cowgirl

The recipe I have calls for :

3 cups flour
1/2 cup salt
6 tlbs. cream of tartar
3 tbls oil
3 cups water

How much are you making?

There are tons of recipes out there. The one I have (it's called "The Best Playdough Recipe :lol:) calls for:

4 c flour
1 c salt
4 c water
4 Tbsp oil
1/2 c cream of tartar

Cook (and stir) over medium/low heat until dough forms and is no longer sticky.

Some recipes call for alum, but I've not used that before, and I don't know if it's safe. :shrug: I need to make enough for 20-24 preschoolers.

SoMDGirl42

There are tons of recipes out there. The one I have (it's called "The Best Playdough Recipe :lol:) calls for:

4 c flour
1 c salt
4 c water
4 Tbsp oil
1/2 c cream of tartar

Cook (and stir) over medium/low heat until dough forms and is no longer sticky.

Some recipes call for alum, but I've not used that before, and I don't know if it's safe. :shrug: I need to make enough for 20-24 preschoolers.

Let me know how it turns out.