Travel to Maine!

designerxboi

I'm looking for some opinion's on travel to Maine. Has anyone ever stayed at any of the bed and breakfast's around Bangor? If not these, any other type of lodging recommendations? I'm going in May.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I always stay at the Viking Motor court in Bath. All the rooms have their own kitchens so it's easy to run down to the docks and grab some lobsters, hit a road side stand for corn on the cob and new taters :drool: 2 (2-3 lb)lobsters, corn and taters usually runs about $15

greyhound

We looked at the neatest little cabins on a lake just outside of Pittsfield. They are owned by Mike Bordick, Sr. He talked non stop when he found out we were from Maryland.

belvak

Happy Camper
Maine is one of our dream vacations! We'll get to it too! Someday!! Hope you have a great time!

VduvUMarie

I always stay at the Viking Motor court in Bath. All the rooms have their own kitchens so it's easy to run down to the docks and grab some lobsters, hit a road side stand for corn on the cob and new taters :drool: 2 (2-3 lb)lobsters, corn and taters usually runs about $15

I totally know what your talking about! My boyfriend grew up in Bowdoin, and I actually lived with him in Bath for a summer a few years back. I loved walking down to the water and watching them build the ships.

Pete

Repete
:confused: When were you there last?

Hessian

Home rental...

If you are planning to stay a week: it makes more sense to rent a home: We stayed in Bristol-on the lake last year for about 1100.00-- Very easy trip to light houses, island tours, kayaking on the rivers etc.
There is a website for vacation rentals: thousands available with all the photos and key info to peruse...hmm...

"maine vacation rentals vrbo"-search engine will get you there.

I have to get one in the next two weeks or they will be booked. Recession fears might allow for some good deals though.
Good luck!

bcp

In My Opinion
did Maine as part of our family Vacation again in August.
this time we did hotels but the last time we stayed in B&Bs in Elsnore (sp) between Bangor and Bar Harbor.

I love Maine, everytime I go I dont want to come home.