Point Lookout Beach in HDR

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com
253541043_R3dbn-XL.jpg

Dead Eye

T.P.F.er
Nice Job. I gave up on photomatix when I got tagged as "Tommy Tone Mapper" To darn many sliders to fiddle with.

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com
Nice Job. I gave up on photomatix when I got tagged as "Tommy Tone Mapper" To darn many sliders to fiddle with.

Thanks all!

Dead EYe, Yeah, you have to watch, some times you start spending a little to much time on tweaking HDR. I find that some pictures look good in HDR and others start to look crazy and almost cartoon like. I like to try to keep them as normal as possible. THis shot has a different look though since it was a 1.3 second exposure.

MrX

High Octane
Looks good! I like long exposure HDR shots, i really need to get out and experiment with them myself.

Dead Eye

T.P.F.er
Yea every HDR is differant in work flow. At TPF we call a single exposure a Tone Map. Most do 3 exposure 2 stops apart. Some get really good results by taking many exposure aimed to properly expose each and every part of the scene. Most reduce the saturation before merging in photomatix if you want to get away from the cartoony effect and push the contrast. Another trick is to color correct in PS then duplicate layer. Convert that to B&W then drop opacity.

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com
Yea every HDR is differant in work flow. At TPF we call a single exposure a Tone Map. Most do 3 exposure 2 stops apart. Some get really good results by taking many exposure aimed to properly expose each and every part of the scene. Most reduce the saturation before merging in photomatix if you want to get away from the cartoony effect and push the contrast. Another trick is to color correct in PS then duplicate layer. Convert that to B&W then drop opacity.

Yeah, I will have to try some of those ideas. THis was one shot, but I did make and under and over exposure from the raw file. Tis gives me the depth.

+1.3, 0, and -2 were what I used in this case.

T

TwilightImaging

Thank you D.eye...hey jbr...really nice work, makes me want to pack up today! Osprey are nothing but amazing, I have too many stories about them from over the years. They always seem to look right down the glass for you, and enough time out there the'll come and find YOU!
Your gallery is amazing, thanks for sharing!:yahoo:

Attachments

• IMG_3937c loaded.JPG
    IMG_3937c loaded.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 61