All In One Printer/copier/scanners

Prayn4neegl

I am running XP on my home pc and the all in one an HP PSC 1210 says it is compatible with XP. It has the XP Logo on the box and equipment but when loading the disk I get an error message. This message says XP cannot verify the compatibility Signature. I tried looking in the software itself but I dont know what the hell I am looking for.

G

giggles04

Oh my... wish I could help ya but with that stuff I gotta be sitting in front of it to do anything with it!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Just go to HP's website and lookup the error. Or if the device is new out of the box... Call the support line.

Prayn4neegl

went online last night and did the support search and stuff. Very contradicting information. I didnt feel like getting on the phone for a week waiting for someone to answer. I should just take it back. It should not be that difficult to install.

It doesnt load like a printer either. Do they operate like a printer in that when you want to print a document you just hit the print Icon or do they work differetly?

SeaRide

My friend went through the same thing with HP all in one thing and using XP. Not sure if he finally got it fixed or not .. basically it was incompatible driver issue.

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by Prayn4neegl
went online last night and did the support search and stuff. Very contradicting information. I didnt feel like getting on the phone for a week waiting for someone to answer. I should just take it back. It should not be that difficult to install.

It doesnt load like a printer either. Do they operate like a printer in that when you want to print a document you just hit the print Icon or do they work differetly?
It will set up as many hardwre icons as it represents...(still with me?) It will set up a printer icon and a fax icon and a scanner icon, start--->control panel--->printers or whatever the order is in XP. Also, there should be some type of a suite icon on the desktop that will house the entire package ie scan, print, fax and make breakfast or whatever else it will do. Also check yoiur cable and make sure it is a newer standard cable.. Not one of the old ones...

Prayn4neegl

The pc is saying it cannot fing the Windows XP signature in the software. Therefore it wont load cause it may cause compatibility issues now or in the future. Or some crap like that.

mainman

Set Trippin
The pc is saying it cannot fing the Windows XP signature in the software. Therefore it wont load cause it may cause compatibility issues now or in the future. Or some crap like that.
theres a way to ignore that.....call HP

Prayn4neegl

It askes if I want to and I say yes but still no luck. It just keeps popping back up each time I do it asking the same thing.

I need to just take the damn thing back lol.

mainman

Set Trippin
It askes if I want to and I say yes but still no luck. It just keeps popping back up each time I do it asking the same thing.

I need to just take the damn thing back lol.
........or call HP, I have always had excellent support from them especially after the whole HP/Compaq thing...

Y

yornoc

Has anyone purchased one of these yet? I just bought one last night and I am haveing some issues with it.

If it gives you the option to ignore the warning and continue, do so. I have a Lexmark all-in-one and I got the same warning when I installed the software. I ignored it and everything worked fine. I also went to the Lexmark site (in your case HP) and downloaded whatever driver they had for my OS (and the particular all-in-one) and I also found firmware update which I downloaded and installed.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Prayn4neegl

see thats the prollum. I accept it without the signature but the window keeps popping up asking if I want to continue or stop. over and over again

J

justhangn

see thats the prollum. I accept it without the signature but the window keeps popping up asking if I want to continue or stop. over and over again

You must have purchased the female model, can't make up it's mind for nothing. :lmao:

K

Kizzy

Go to hp.com and select support and drivers, type in PSC1210. Download the software from the website directly and it should work. I had the same problem with my all-in-one vi40, so I went directly to the website, downloaded the software and was up and working.

Prayn4neegl

IT Works!!! !@$#!$# thing. Got it up this am. Took me all day yesterday and all night to download the friggin thing but finally got it. Thanks for all the help guys.