Swimming Lessons??

shorty

Does anyone know where swimming lessons are given in So. MD?  I have three small children and I really would like to enroll them somewhere but can't seem to find anything closer than the college (Laplata).  Leonardtown, Hollywood, California, Mechanicsville areas would be better for me, if possible.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Don't know if the Red Cross still offers the classes locally or not but you might want to give them a call at 301-475-4100 to find out.  If you have access to the base you can also try MWR to see if they are offering anything.  Another possibility is Parks and Recreation for the county.

Christy

b*tch rocket
I believe Parks and Rec's do have swimming lesson programs.  Stop in any library and you should be able to get a listing of what all they have available.

shorty

Thanks for the helpful information.  I'll start making some calls and see what I can find out.  At least I have a starting point, now. :)

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Many years ago my kids took lessons over at the Navy Rec. center in Solomons.  I don't know if you have to be military or if they still do it, but you could try there.

seasquirt

Vermicious Knid
St. Mary's College probably has some swimming classes at the gym. If you call the main number (240-895-2000), you could probably get connected to someone who would know.