Relocating...newb...Howdy!

T

TwilightImaging

Evening...wanted to say hi from south Texas!
We are moving to Md-Bel Air area in a few months and found this site which has been a wealth of info already! For this we thank you.

There are some amazing images posted here...I can't wait to hit the trail, and to enjoy more images from the area.

Thanks in advance and hope to be able to contribute in some form:)

Enjoy!
Mike
Twilight Imaging.net

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are moving to Md-Bel Air area in a few months and found this site which has been a wealth of info already! For this we thank you.

There are some amazing images posted here...I can't wait to hit the trail, and to enjoy more images from the area.

Enjoy!
Mike
Twilight Imaging.net

You won't really be very close to Southern Maryland but Welcome to Maryland all the same !!!:howdy:

BuddyLee

Football addict
I was all ready to welcome you with open arms but...

...you're a Texan! Please say you don't enjoy the team with the unmentionable name.

T

TwilightImaging

Thanks!! I'll be shooting east and south quite a bit...the area looks amazing...and a huge plus...no 'gators:)

T

TwilightImaging

NO BuddyLee, haha. Actually coming home, in a round about way.
Born up state NY, grew up in Connecticut...still a Giants fan!

We have been in Texas for 10 years...a VERY long time, trust me.
Thanks again!
-Mike
TwilightImaging.net

T

TwilightImaging

Yea, I get that a bit. I read Maryland is also known as the "Osprey Garden"...over 2k breeding pairs...holy cow!!

T

TwilightImaging

I really appreciate it BuddyLee, google earth is a beautiful thing. I can tell we'll be spending a lot of time down there. Does anyone have any images they want to share from Point Lookout? hmmmm?
-Mike
Twilight Imaging.net

Last edited by a moderator:

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
NO BuddyLee, haha. Actually coming home, in a round about way.
Born up state NY, grew up in Connecticut...still a Giants fan!

We have been in Texas for 10 years...a VERY long time, trust me.
Thanks again!
-Mike
TwilightImaging.net

:howdy: I was born and raised in Connecticut and came to St. Mary's Co. every summer to stay with my grandparents to work on their farm and in their general store and fell in love with the area. When I was 18, I moved here because I wanted to be a farmer. I'm proud to say that I have my own horse farm and will never leave because I love it so much here. All of my family on my dad's side are still here and both sides of his parents ancestors came over on the Ark and Dove. I still like going back to visit, CT is awesome. Welcome to Maryland, it's wonderful here.

Last edited:
T

TwilightImaging

Horse Farm!?! We'll have to stop by, my daughters would be in heaven.

That's a fantastic story Bspur'd. While we had horses in Armonk and Ridgefield...I, unfortunately, chose motocross:( It will be nice to be in a place where the leaves actually change color.

unixpirate

Pitty Party

Attachments

• osprey.jpg
    osprey.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 72
  • osprey1.jpg
    osprey1.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 69
On a Spring day, you won't be disappointed. Very picturesque!

Be sure to stop by St. Mary's city that day, which is only 10 minutes away.

Not only spring, I was down in Piney Point in early January, and watched a family of river otters playing on the dock.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
:howdy: I lived in Corpus Christi for a few years when I was very young. I don't remember much of it other than it was HOT and we had lots of frogs in our yard. :lol: My best friend lived in Bel Air and I spent a lot of time up there years ago. Very nice area. :yay:

Enjoy!
Mike
Twilight Imaging.net

Check out another part of the site here: Main Index - Southern Maryland Online MultiMedia Gallery

Some great photos have been posted. :yay:

T

TwilightImaging

This is great...thanks for the replies...I see there are a lot of "points" and "coves" around there, as well as a lot of woods, coyote and fox any one?
Unix...nice capture!! They are really amazing to watch...river otters are too. Down here they have Nutrias everywhere...nasty looking, huge, but I've spent full days right outside of dens watching the little ones swim around. Kind of like a NYC rat with beaver teeth...but on some serious steroids!