indoor swimming pool

mrs potts

Yes, the CSM has an indoor pool, but the times of availablity are very limited.  I think we should get the county to build a YMCA!! :clap:

Anyone want to join me in this venture???

yuchieh

Where can people go swimming in Charles county?  I know many people have a swimming pool in the back yard, but you can't really "swim" in the back yeard kind of pool.
Any high school has good size pool that's open to the public?
I am with you on this.  Yes, the county should build something, if not YMCA, maybe a recreation center with a good indoor pool.

Lilly

The Original Lilly
At one time in my life here as a bored teenager I thought a YMCA would be a spectacular idea - and in my travels I was delighted to move into a community 3 blocks from a Y when I lived in VA.  That is until i walked through there front door - do you know what thier membership rates are???
It is ridiculous.  The YMCA costs more than your average Gym and has much less availability.  There afterschool programs have also soared through the roof.  
Needless to say - I never joined and I don't think we need another overcharging "community center" in SOMD.  The Y just isnt what it used to be.

mrs potts

Having an indoor pool associated with a gym would be great!  I thought that Olympus (sp?) Gym had considered building one -

Oh, well, maybe the next gym that comes along....

GreenHornet

If you get down south try the gym on base if you have access. Stay away from the Great Mills pool unless you like swimming in urine. Alot of African Americans like to go there to sink since they can't swim.

lmwelch

Where can people go swimming in Charles county?  I know many people have a swimming pool in the back yard, but you can't really "swim" in the back yeard kind of pool.
Any high school has good size pool that's open to the public?
I am with you on this.  Yes, the county should build something, if not YMCA, maybe a recreation center with a good indoor pool.

All of the Charles Co. high schools have swimming pools and they are all open to the public in the summer. North Point and Lackey have very nice indoor pools and the others have outdoor pools. They are operated by Charles County Department of Community Services.
For more info, go to Department Of Community Services - Recreation

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!
Hmmmmm...Lackey and North Point indoor pools are operated by both Board of Education and Community Services.

GreenHornet

03-21-2002, 09:55 AM #1 (permalink)
yuchieh

Posts: 6 Any good size, clean water indoor swimming pool in La Plata area?

Thanks

Gotcha all again! :lmao::lmao::lmao: