For Picture Takers

T

toppick08

I see that most of the photos are now taken with digital cameras. Has film become obsolete, and can it not hold its own in resolution to digital ?

Thanks.

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com
I see that most of the photos are now taken with digital cameras. Has film become obsolete, and can it not hold its own in resolution to digital ?

Thanks.

Toppick, Film can still hold its own in quality of the image, but there are some other major advantages for digital.

You can see the image on the camera instantly, and know if your exposure is what you wanted.

WHen you get home you can download from you camera right then, no waiting for film to be developed

You can take as many shots as your little card will hold, You never have to pay to get them developed or pay for the chemicals to do it your self.

To get them on the computer with Film you would have to get them developed, and then scan them into the computer. With Digital you just plug the USB cable in and go.

THese are the things I can think of really quick, there are probably many more points people can bring up as well.

J

T

toppick08

Toppick, Film can still hold its own in quality of the image, but there are some other major advantages for digital.

You can see the image on the camera instantly, and know if your exposure is what you wanted.

WHen you get home you can download from you camera right then, no waiting for film to be developed

You can take as many shots as your little card will hold, You never have to pay to get them developed or pay for the chemicals to do it your self.

To get them on the computer with Film you would have to get them developed, and then scan them into the computer. With Digital you just plug the USB cable in and go.

THese are the things I can think of really quick, there are probably many more points people can bring up as well.

J

Thanks........I do want to purchase a digital camera. Just getting info.