Macro Photography...anyone?

T

TwilightImaging

Insert images of any Macro you have done, such a wide variety of shooting available...anyone?
IMG_4036ap_copy.jpg

Thanks...

T

TwilightImaging

Great work!! Where did you get all the teeth, holy moly!
The bee shot's composition is perfect!

T

TwilightImaging

You found those? Amazing...for macro...I bought tubes and everything...it was just too much, so i just use a 100-400 IS and back off a bit sometimes with a 1.5 or 2.0 on it...the above was shot from about 20 feet give or take. Not sure if that helps, it's just easier for me to keep my primary lens on.

I didn't notice the spider underneath the leaf until post processing.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TwilightImaging

Tomcat, thanks very much. Very nice and greatly appreciated. You guys are going to have to show me the true art of shooting those Ospreyes out there. Danzig..definately you should be giving classes in photo-journalism!

AND Cowgirl...one word...STOCK PHOTOGRAPHY! Seriously, look into it if you don't do it already, you have a very rare artistic eye to say the least! It's a pretty good way to supplement the ol' income, especially if you're that good.
Thanks again...learning everyday I can.

Cowgirl

AND Cowgirl...one word...STOCK PHOTOGRAPHY! Seriously, look into it if you don't do it already, you have a very rare artistic eye to say the least! It's a pretty good way to supplement the ol' income, especially if you're that good.
Thanks again...learning everyday I can.

Thanks Twilight! Your photos are amazing!

So, this stock photography....how does one get into that?

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com
Thanks Twilight! Your photos are amazing!

So, this stock photography....how does one get into that?

You can find several Stock sites out there if you google "stock photography"

THey are pretty picky on images and quality, but if you get into taking some of the big selling subjects you can make some side money.

Photos like the ones you posted would work for advertisers..

J

T

TwilightImaging

You can find several Stock sites out there if you google "stock photography"

THey are pretty picky on images and quality, but if you get into taking some of the big selling subjects you can make some side money.

Photos like the ones you posted would work for advertisers..

J

jbr nailed it...I have been with getty and iStock...they are very picky as J stated. Just submit an image or two and they evaluate them before you are accepted. They will also look at every image as you go. Whatever you do, don't take any declines personal...they will blow the image to 100% or more and go over every pixel...just about:)...no vignetting or the number one problem, over sharpening the image in PS. This causes so many problems.

Another thing to do is contact any companies that are related to the image, like the sewing image, let them know you are there. Hallmark, American Greetings and some others will look too. Chase them down in Emails and let them know what you have. You would be surprised what some people put in their offices, hehe. You have a knack for these images, not many do.

I must call or write letters every week to different companies...to date it has worked. One editor will send your info to another and it snowballs. A lot of my images will not cut the mustard because I have cropped and the image is too small or just poor "quality" but the more you get out there the better the checks are every month. Sorry for the Novel:) And while I'm at it...jbl has the market on "action photography"

Cowgirl

jbr nailed it...I have been with getty and iStock...they are very picky as J stated. Just submit an image or two and they evaluate them before you are accepted. They will also look at every image as you go. Whatever you do, don't take any declines personal...they will blow the image to 100% or more and go over every pixel...just about:)...no vignetting or the number one problem, over sharpening the image in PS. This causes so many problems.

Another thing to do is contact any companies that are related to the image, like the sewing image, let them know you are there. Hallmark, American Greetings and some others will look too. Chase them down in Emails and let them know what you have. You would be surprised what some people put in their offices, hehe. You have a knack for these images, not many do.

I must call or write letters every week to different companies...to date it has worked. One editor will send your info to another and it snowballs. A lot of my images will not cut the mustard because I have cropped and the image is too small or just poor "quality" but the more you get out there the better the checks are every month. Sorry for the Novel:) And while I'm at it...jbl has the market on "action photography"

Thanks for the info! :huggy: I'll check into it!

Nice photos, all! I have some that I'd love to post, some from a number of years ago when I did a lot of underwater work. Unfortunately, it's all Ectachrome or Kodachrome! I never did scan them.... need to do that someday.

T

TwilightImaging

hvp...perfect...images are great! Allowing or taking into account before you take the image that there will or might be text somewhere in there is crucial...nice useage of depth of field! I think my best seller was just a feather floating on water...most of the ones I really thought were good images...turned out to be "too much PS!" PS is nice but you can quickly over due it without realizing:( hvp nice work!

M

Mousebaby

Just got some macro lenses and the dang weather won't clear up on a day that I am not busy (which is almost never) so I can get some decent shots. Grrrr I wanna play dangit!!! :lmao: