Robertson's Crab House a great place for families

seafoodlover

If you have young kids and love good seafood, Robertson's Crabhouse is a great place to try. My husband and I and our two kids (ages 7 and 9) often have dinner there on Thursdays nights during the summer. The managment and staff are friendly, the food is good and my kids have a ball coloring on the brown paper and playing on the viedo games. My daughter loves the cream of crab soup. My son's favorite is the kid's fish basket. My Husband and I love the steaks, shrimp and Crabs (when they are in season). The oysters are also great in the Fall.

The place is not hectic like most resturants in La Plata and Waldorf. We like the fact that it is not a chain resturant. It is important to my husband and I, that we continue to support the long standing establishments in the area.

I have read some other comments about the resturant on this forum and recommend that people try it for themselves. We have been loyal customers for several years and still love it. I would recommend it to anyone. The view from the dining room is great and the sunsets are even better.

They usually open for the season around the end of Feb., so be sure to try them out.

Enjoy!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I'm 52 and my parents used to take my brother, sister and I there when we were kids. They used to eat crabs and drink beer with their friends and all the kids used to get rolls of nickels to play the slots and the jukebox. On the way home, we'd hit HoJo's on 301 for ice cream sundaes. Great memories!!

Toxick

Splat
I'm 52 and my parents used to take my brother, sister and I there when we were kids. They used to eat crabs and drink beer with their friends and all the kids used to get rolls of nickels to play the slots and the jukebox. On the way home, we'd hit HoJo's on 301 for ice cream sundaes. Great memories!!

So you know where it is...?

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Where might one find this Robertson's of which you speak?

Follow 301 South across the Harry Nice Bridge into Virginia....When you get in Va. make a u-turn and go back across the bridge toward Md....When you get on the bridge look to your left and look up the coast line about 1 mile and you can't miss it...It is a nice place...OR...you can rich70s directions...

Follow 301 South across the Harry Nice Bridge into Virginia....When you get in Va. make a u-turn and go back across the bridge toward Md....When you get on the bridge look to your left and look up the coast line about 1 mile and you can't miss it...It is a nice place...OR...you can rich70s directions...

Right next door to Capt. Billys, which is ALSO very good.

:doh:.... I just read your directions.... glad I don't have to follow you anywhere...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I'm 52 and my parents used to take my brother, sister and I there when we were kids to eat crabs and drink beer ... Great memories!!

I wish I had memories like those... My parents always drank all the beer and didn't leave any for us kids.

:deprived:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Right next door to Capt. Billys, which is ALSO very good.

:doh:.... I just read your directions.... glad I don't have to follow you anywhere...
That's because they are the same place...sort of...Capt Billy Robertson owned both places for years. When he died, he left one place to his daughter and one place to his son.

Etred101

That's because they are the same place...sort of...Capt Billy Robertson owned both places for years. When he died, he left one place to his daughter and one place to his son.

We used to go there a lot in the 70s - 90s. Excellent place. I recall it being very busy on weekends in the Summer. Can see the Nice bridge from the dining room.

Soft shells were crispy but not breaded. Crabs were spicy - not as much salt as some other places.

Popes Creek used to be a rail terminus for loading cargo (?) onto vessels on the Potomac. When we were kids there was a dock with railroad tracks next to the restaurant. We used to go over there and play while waiting for the crabs to cook.

Last edited:

belvak

Happy Camper

Love your directions!!! Which electronic mapping gadget do you have? I want one!!! :huggy:

I had heard they were related somehow, just didn't have the whole story. Thanx!

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
His son Joe, has Robertsons, his niece Celene, has Capt, Billys.

chrissyhh

I have been going to both Robertson's & Cap't Billys for years, and lets just say that neither one is as good as they used to be. We went last summer to Robertson's for crabs and they were awful. If you want good crabs go to Cap't Leonards.