Overeaters Anonymous

R

residentofcre

I didn't ask for your advise... just if one exists.... :doh:

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
I've been battling this habit (and winning) by logging a food journal of EVERYTHING I eat, and noting the portions.

There are lots of programs available to do this. I use a (free) website: FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal

It has full nutritional information on most foods or meals, lets you add new ones if necessary, and generates easy to read reports so that you can track your progress or compare your calories burned per day vs. calories eaten.

The first few days were really eye-opening, when I could see in cold hard numbers just how much crap I was putting in my mouth.

R

residentofcre

I've been battling this habit (and winning) by logging a food journal of EVERYTHING I eat, and noting the portions.

There are lots of programs available to do this. I use a (free) website: FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal

It has full nutritional information on most foods or meals, lets you add new ones if necessary, and generates easy to read reports so that you can track your progress or compare your calories burned per day vs. calories eaten.

The first few days were really eye-opening, when I could see in cold hard numbers just how much crap I was putting in my mouth.

I've been logging and of course I have been on diets for years... It seems to me... that there are times I find it harder to stick to the diet [in spite of the fact I am definitely loosing weight right now...] My mother had the same problem and spent a lot of time in TOPS and OA....

Right now... I have a computer and I also have insurance that will pay for a dietician... but in the past these tools weren't available for me... and I know there are a lot of people who don't have these benefits... I know that TOPS and OA might be beneficial...

I'm really surprised that there isn't a group in Southern Maryland [North Beach is 1/2 hour away after a long day at work.... ]

I'm thinking of starting one down here if there isn't one already...

Oh and toppick... yes of course I googled it... ignorance is not a side affect.... :smoochy:

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
I've been logging and of course I have been on diets for years... It seems to me... that there are times I find it harder to stick to the diet [in spite of the fact I am definitely loosing weight right now...] My mother had the same problem and spent a lot of time in TOPS and OA....

Right now... I have a computer and I also have insurance that will pay for a dietician... but in the past these tools weren't available for me... and I know there are a lot of people who don't have these benefits... I know that TOPS and OA might be beneficial...

I'm really surprised that there isn't a group in Southern Maryland [North Beach is 1/2 hour away after a long day at work.... ]

I'm thinking of starting one down here if there isn't one already...

Oh and toppick... yes of course I googled it... ignorance is not a side affect.... :smoochy:

Have you thought about going on the "Biggest Loser" TV show to get help from them? I really enjoy watching this TV show and rooting for each members to keep losing weight and eating healthier. I think they can help you with your overeating issue problem. Everyone have thier own issues of why they are overweight. If you decide to go on the TV show, please let me know, so I can ROOT For You! :yay:

R

residentofcre

Have you thought about going on the "Biggest Loser" TV show to get help from them? I really enjoy watching this TV show and rooting for each members to keep losing weight and eating healthier. I think they can help you with your overeating issue problem. Everyone have thier own issues of why they are overweight. If you decide to go on the TV show, please let me know, so I can ROOT For You! :yay:

I can't take the time off of work and sure wouldn't go on that show... all that fat hanging out just grosses me out...:popcorn:

I remember your pictures and you were a whisper.....

I wish :killingme

K

Kain99

Resident.. You are a beautiful woman. Trying to be better is great! Just don't get sucked into social traps babygirl. :love:

R

residentofcre

I was doing some new research on it... they have on-line meetings all the time...

They also have groups for people who are suffering from all kinds of eating disorders....

Taking control of your life, being in the driver's seat, learning to be assertive, and increasing self confidence are the benefits of any 12 step program... and when it comes to how we look to ourselves in the mirror... that seems to have significant value...

R

residentofcre

I was doing some new research on it... they have on-line meetings all the time...

They also have groups for people who are suffering from all kinds of eating disorders....

Taking control of your life, being in the driver's seat, learning to be assertive, and increasing self confidence are the benefits of any 12 step program... and when it comes to how we look to ourselves in the mirror... that seems to have significant value...

I found this at the beginning....

Welcome to Overeaters Anonymous. This series of questions may help you determine if you are a compulsive overeater.

1. Do you eat when you're not hungry?
  2. Do you go on eating binges for no apparent reason?
  3. Do you have feelings of guilt and remorse after overeating?
  4. Do you give too much time and thought to food?
  5. Do you look forward with pleasure and anticipation to the time when you can eat alone?
  6. Do you plan these secret binges ahead of time?
  7. Do you eat sensibly before others and make up for it alone?
  8. Is your weight affecting the way you live your life?
  9. Have you tried to diet for a week (or longer), only to fall short of your goal?
  10. Do you resent others telling you to "use a little willpower" to stop overeating?
  11. Despite evidence to the contrary, have you continued to assert that you can diet "on your own" whenever you wish?
  12. Do you crave to eat at a definite time, day or night, other than mealtime?
  13. Do you eat to escape from worries or trouble?
  14. Have you ever been treated for obesity or a food-related condition?
  15. Does your eating behavior make you or others unhappy?

Have you answered yes to three or more of these questions? If so, it is probable that you have or are well on your way to having a compulsive overeating problem. We have found that the way to arrest this progressive disease is to practice the Twelve-Step recovery program of Overeaters Anonymous.

R

residentofcre

Private Forum

I've opened a thread in my private forum... anyone who wants information of wants to meet... or has some other interest is welcome to join...

Becky's Corkboard...

nightowl

You mentioned TOPS (TOPS Club, Inc.) have you looked for one of them in your area? I like that you weigh-in every week, keeps a person accountable. It's only $24 a year too so a lot cheaper than Weight Watchers. Good luck with finding something or starting something in your area.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I remember your pictures and you were a whisper.....

The wonders of the internet.

I think I remember asking her how old the pictures were when she was running in some election or another.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind big(ger) women, I just believe in truth in advertising.

R

residentofcre

The wonders of the internet.

I think I remember asking her how old the pictures were when she was running in some election or another.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind big(ger) women, I just believe in truth in advertising.

I was actually 70 pounds lighter when I ran ... The picture was a the only professional one I had...:killingme

I gained 70 pounds after the first attempt at quitting smoking... I went back to smoking then saying I'd rather die of lung cancer than be fat!... then I found chantix and quit... my doctor gave me a referral to a dietician... and now I've lost 14 pounds...

Can you say roller coaster? :coffee:

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
I can't take the time off of work and sure wouldn't go on that show... all that fat hanging out just grosses me out...:popcorn:

I wish :killingme

Ah, I understand about work thing. Yeah, the fat hanging out is gross.

People on the "Biggest Loser" are actually looking alot better than they first started out. They looks thinner and healthier. I'm very proud of them working very hard to lose weight.

I know losing weight and keeping them off is very hard. I'm not overweight, but I have watched and still am watching alot of friends are struggling to lose weight. All I could do is keep encouraging them to keep trying and just being their friends when they need a shoulder to cry or vent about thier frustration.

One of my friends lost 70 pounds within a year, and I am so happy for her. She is truly happy now. :high5: