SONY Issues

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Son let me borrow his Sony DSC-H7.. it uses the Sony memory stick, and I bought a memory stick adaptor.

The computer keeps telling me "Disc not formatted" and won't let me view or download the 120 images I have on the current disc.

HELP

I don't have the USB cable that MAY have come with it, nor do I have the software..

T

TwilightImaging

not sure, but did you try another usb port, I once bought a reader and it never worked at all? Not computer savy enough to help more then that...sorry

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Well.. the Memory Stick Adaptor fits into the SD card slot on my reader, but is it really compatible?

It SEEMS to read it, adds an "I" drive, but nothing can be read from it, and tells me it's not formatted.

T

TwilightImaging

Ohhh, that's odd...most of the smart ones out there are out chasing the scavenger hunt shoot...whatever you don't format the card until you get the images off...sorry I can't help more:(
I'n just not familiar enough with mem. sticks

E

(((echo)))

Son let me borrow his Sony DSC-H7.. it uses the Sony memory stick, and I bought a memory stick adaptor.

The computer keeps telling me "Disc not formatted" and won't let me view or download the 120 images I have on the current disc.

HELP

I don't have the USB cable that MAY have come with it, nor do I have the software..

go to the website of either the adaptor or whichever piece you are having trouble with, and see if you can download any drivers for it.

glhs837

Power with Control
No, its not a Sony problem. The sony stick will fit physically into an SD card slot, but that wont let it read. Like some ignition keys will fit into another cars switch, but not turn it.

You need a card reader that has a slot labelled "MS", or a USB cable that fits. Now, that USB cable is NOT proprietary, its whats called a Mini B, I believe, tons of things use them. Looks like the one on the right in this picture.

27329.jpg

Readers can be had cheaply, heres a sample that cheap and local.

Aluratek - USB 2.0 Multiformat Media Card Reader - AUCR200

itsbob

I bowl overhand
No, its not a Sony problem. The sony stick will fit physically into an SD card slot, but that wont let it read. Like some ignition keys will fit into another cars switch, but not turn it.

You need a card reader that has a slot labelled "MS", or a USB cable that fits. Now, that USB cable is NOT proprietary, its whats called a Mini B, I believe, tons of things use them. Looks like the one on the right in this picture.

27329.jpg

Readers can be had cheaply, heres a sample that cheap and local.

Aluratek - USB 2.0 Multiformat Media Card Reader - AUCR200

You're right about the card.. I lined it up with an SD card, and the pins don't quite align, and there are two extra on the SD.

The USB isn't a mini B though. The camera slot looks like a smaller USB slot on the front of the computer. Not like the mini b slot on the printer or my Kodak.

ANd thanks for the input!

I didn't read the posts as throughly as I could have, so if this has been suggested, sorry.

Can you read the card while it's in the camera? See the pics? If so, connect the camera to the computer with the card still in the camera. The card should show up as a removable drive that you can copy the pics from.