I must have been...

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
... the only one not hunting this past weekend. :lol:

Abandoned house. :biggrin:

I will say a couple of the abandoned houses captured for the hunt do look inviting, and I might check them out.

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com

I will say a couple of the abandoned houses captured for the hunt do look inviting, and I might check them out.

HVP, Great Shots!!! You got some really cool shallow depth of field shots!

Thank you for sharing!

J

Dead Eye

T.P.F.er
Page 1 #3 , and Page 2 #1 have interesting lighting. The light on the wood spool brings out the texture very nicely. Well done with your usual excellent composure.

K

Kain99

CMC and I spent hours in the house she took a picture of. Nothing better than a great old house.

hvp05

Thanks for checking them out, y'all.

Great pictures, just creepy.
Inside the house is very unnerving because there is random stuff everywhere. I have been in places that have been trashed and/or vandalized, but that is not so with this one; there are piles of mail on the floor from 1995 and '96, which is when I guess the family left. The appearance is that the family just decided to leave and not return.

The other weird thing is the asymmetry of the structure itself. In several of the shots you can tell how unlevel the floor and ceilings are. That gives it a "funhouse" feeling.

Pandora

Thanks for checking them out, y'all.

Inside the house is very unnerving because there is random stuff everywhere. I have been in places that have been trashed and/or vandalized, but that is not so with this one; there are piles of mail on the floor from 1995 and '96, which is when I guess the family left. The appearance is that the family just decided to leave and not return.

The other weird thing is the asymmetry of the structure itself. In several of the shots you can tell how unlevel the floor and ceilings are. That gives it a "funhouse" feeling.

Clearly, the random stuff everywhere is what gives it the creep factor.

My aunt lived in a house in Grafton West Virginia with uneven floors. You came in the front door and ran uphill to the kitchen and then it went downhill. Even the stairs had a side slope to them. After my aunt died, they tore the place down. They would have never been able to sell it like that.

hvp05

Clearly, the random stuff everywhere is what gives it the creep factor.
Another item I was surprised to find: a middle/high school photo of one of the children, left among the mail previously mentioned.

My aunt lived in a house in Grafton West Virginia with uneven floors. You came in the front door and ran uphill to the kitchen and then it went downhill. Even the stairs had a side slope to them. After my aunt died, they tore the place down. They would have never been able to sell it like that.
I have wondered if this family was not forced out due to the structure's obvious instability. But there are no "condemned" signs or anything around the place, so... :shrug: Another thing I think is crazy about this property is that it is currently listed for sale - for a tidy $599K. That includes just less than 105 acres... but the new owner would have to clear the property, including demolishing the house, two trailers, a barn, several other useless outbuildings, and also cleaning up the random crap that has become strewn around the property over time. Certainly, all of that will cost someone a good chunk of money - beyond the purchase price and before they can hope to build their own place.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Go back and get that chicken thing. It would be a great asset to Vrai's rooster kitchen. TIA. :huggy:

hvp05

No. That thing in your fourth picture. Looks like a chicken to me.
Uh... that's a bunny.

What kind of weirdo chickens have you been hanging around? :eyebrow:

It might make for a nice Easter gift, because it looks in near-new condition. But I wouldn't want to remove it, just because.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
The cups in pic #1 can earn some $$ at an antique show.

er um I go to antique shows to find out fishing equipment and stuff. :crushesbeercanonforehead: