Good Alternative to Lake Anna??

Tina2001aniT

We are looking for somewhere to camp this summer, we want to take boats and jet skis and have people in tents as well as campers. Any suggestions??

Oh, BTW this is a family trip, so it has to be a nice place for all ages. We will be going around fathers day and don't want to go too much further away than lake anna.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
We are looking for somewhere to camp this summer, we want to take boats and jet skis and have people in tents as well as campers. Any suggestions??

Oh, BTW this is a family trip, so it has to be a nice place for all ages. We will be going around fathers day and don't want to go too much further away than lake anna.

You don't want to go to Lake Anna?

Their is deep creek lake I think. It might be further then Lake Anna.

Cowgirl

Kerr Lake.....it is seriously the NICEST lake. It is absolutely huge. The campgrounds are wonderful...nice and private, well maintained, and inexpensive. I've been going there my whole life, and my mother has been going her whole life. It's only about 3.5-4 hrs from So. MD....very easy drive. Vance County NC Tourism Department

Elle

Happy Camper!
Westmoreland State park
Just across the potomac

I third this suggestion. We've been several times and love the close location - soo close to home - only about an hour away. I've got tons of pictures that I can share if you are interested before you decide to book.

Oh, I guess Lake Havasu is out then. Too bad it, is an awesome place, so is Lake Mead. If you ever get a wild hair, go rent a house boat and see Lake Mead for a week.

GRN96WS6

Rent a houseboat and go to Lake Cumberland in KY.

I love that place and the lake is HUGE, you could drive your boats there also but it sure is a hike from here. I have not been since I moved back here from Ohio, I need to go back.

Rent a houseboat and go to Lake Cumberland in KY.

I love that place and the lake is HUGE, you could drive your boats there also but it sure is a hike from here. I have not been since I moved back here from Ohio, I need to go back.

That would be quite a hike.

Even harder by boat I would imagine.

:lmao:

Thanks for the info. Nothing better than waking up in the morning and jumping off the side of the boat.

wifey

Lake Gaston? It is right on Virginia/North Carolina border about an hour south of Richmond. Campgrounds everywhere. Huge freshwater lake approx 34 miles long. Lots of boats/jetskis and friendly people. Big camping resort has swimming pool, tennis court, game room, bowling alley, beaches. Bring your camper or rent one for the weekend. Good fishing. Lots of bass pro tournaments are held here throughout the year. Plenty to do.
Lake Gaston Resort

GRN96WS6

That would be quite a hike.

Even harder by boat I would imagine.

:lmao:

Thanks for the info. Nothing better than waking up in the morning and jumping off the side of the boat.

Yes it is but it would so be worth it, just hook your boat up to the truck and make your way down there and rent a houseboat once there. I guarantee that you won't be disappointed.