What's up with the St. Mary's County Camera Club..

rack'm

Jaded
404 error :lol:

Am I the only one that thinks of that gathering as more of a social event than anything else? :shrug:

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com
404 error :lol:

Am I the only one that thinks of that gathering as more of a social event than anything else? :shrug:

I have been going once in a while over the last year or so. They have had some very good presentations. They had one on photoshop last month that was very good if you already had some starter knowledge on Photoshop. A gentleman came to talk last year about camera repairs. It was more interesting than it sounds. B&H photo came down last year and I believe they are coming back again this year. They come down to show off the latest gadgets, and answer questions. Great group of people out of B&H!!!

First Wed. of the month meeting is the presentations at the Southern Maryland Higher Ed Center in Hollywood. Second Wed. is just a social chit chat gathering at Coffee Quarter. Third Wed. is Photo theme contest at SMHEC again.

Like I said, I don't go all the time, but I do keep an eye out for things going on there that may interest me.

rack'm

Jaded
I have been going once in a while over the last year or so. They have had some very good presentations. They had one on photoshop last month that was very good if you already had some starter knowledge on Photoshop. A gentleman came to talk last year about camera repairs. It was more interesting than it sounds. B&H photo came down last year and I believe they are coming back again this year. They come down to show off the latest gadgets, and answer questions. Great group of people out of B&H!!!

First Wed. of the month meeting is the presentations at the Southern Maryland Higher Ed Center in Hollywood. Second Wed. is just a social chit chat gathering at Coffee Quarter. Third Wed. is Photo theme contest at SMHEC again.

Like I said, I don't go all the time, but I do keep an eye out for things going on there that may interest me.

I went a few times and they did have a good presentation on portriature, but not much else.

The secound issue is that I have pool league on Wednesdays. :lmao:

T

TwilightImaging

B&H have been the best I have dealt with...one exception...I purchased a used in pristine condition Sigma 50-500 F4 for a Vet once...it said it was a canon mount...when I got it, it was a pentax or kodak mount or something...I tried explaining it to them and after some time, they eventually said tough boogers on you! I ended up taking a huge hit on it because there isn't a big demand for those lenses on those bodies, that's why the deal was so good.
Be sure if you buy a lens they will give you their car if the mount is wrong:):doh:

rack'm

Jaded
B&H have been the best I have dealt with...one exception...I purchased a used in pristine condition Sigma 50-500 F4 for a Vet once...it said it was a canon mount...when I got it, it was a pentax or kodak mount or something...I tried explaining it to them and after some time, they eventually said tough boogers on you! I ended up taking a huge hit on it because there isn't a big demand for those lenses on those bodies, that's why the deal was so good.
Be sure if you buy a lens they will give you their car if the mount is wrong:):doh:

Damn, that sucks!!

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com

Mike, WHich store did that to you?

J

T

TwilightImaging

New York...the one that looks like a Museum. I was trying to help a guy out...so it was extra painful.

T

TwilightImaging

Exactly, that's what I do now for the most part unless it's a kit or something. This lens was nothing short of a work of art...just wrong mount. The mount was so small no adapter would have worked, I looked into that as well. If I order anything online, the local store I deal with does it for me on their account, they are great...talk about going the distance for service huh?

rack'm

Jaded
Exactly, that's what I do now for the most part unless it's a kit or something. This lens was nothing short of a work of art...just wrong mount. The mount was so small no adapter would have worked, I looked into that as well. If I order anything online, the local store I deal with does it for me on their account, they are great...talk about going the distance for service huh?

That's awesome! :yahoo:

T

TwilightImaging

Yes, the B&H in New York. IE: The B&H Super Store...It's like a macys HUGE

My apologies for the hijacking of the thread...not good:smack:

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
I love B&H. I have bought a handfull of things for my video Camera and I just bought my last camera from there. The only bummer is that they close at noon on Friday. So if you need to call them for some reason on a Friday make sure it is before noon.