Geek is Ripe for Disney

Geek

So I re read my previous trip report and I have decided two things. I don't have a lick of sense. And I need some sort of censor button. Somebody stop me!!!

I guess I should list our cast members again just for hoots and Hollers.

Me, Geek. I am a Mom. I have been a Stay at home mom for over 9 years now. I have done many things to hustle some dolla bills. Like Ebay, daycare, etc. Now both kids are in school. I will warn you now, I find potty humor irresistible. Get out now if you find it unappealing. Run fast. And don't read the TR. I am 33, just a few weeks from 34.

Him, TGS (The Geek Spanker). I am crazy about his family and can't wait to get them to Disney with us someday. More about TGS. He is smart. Very smart. He hides it well.

DS My son just turned 9 years old. He was born a gentleman. I really can't take credit for how wonderful he is. It is in his soul and eyes. He is pure goodness and takes after his father. He holds doors, is polite, bangingly smart, and so appreciative of anything he receives. He will be an amazing man.

DD My girl just turned 6. She is trouble. She takes after me. Poor thing. She is feisty, and funny. She loves music and animals. She walks the tightrope of tomboy and princess like a pro. I love that. I love that she can be in her princess dress holding a frog in each hand. She has potty humor too (like these kids had a choice)

Grandma - My mom. She will be on board for our trip. Really she just likes alone time with the kids. She is the source of all my evil powers and weird impulses. She is adorable and looks like everyone's favorite grandma. She has a way of talking to people that puts them at ease and allows her to tell them anything. Lipstick on your teeth? Fly unzipped? Grandma has got your back.

Grandpa He is a saint. He is a hard working, very funny guy. He loves playing with the kids. And they are crazy about him. This year, he should appear more in my trip report, because he will be with us every evening and two days in parks.

I am jonesing for Disney. I can't lie. Our One day sneaky visit was last April. I need my Disney. I like once a year, long leisurely vacation. Almost decadent use of tickets and time. Hot? Let's go to the pool for a few hours.. Tired? Sleep in! This year we a ripe for Disney. Ripe. Ripe was a word Grandma always used for stinky armpits. That's about where I am now. I am stinky for Disney.

I want my POP. I want my ADRs. I want to break in our Dining plan. What will that be like? I wonder. I am trying to eat more now to stretch my stomach out so I can get the most bang for my buck.

This is my first pre trippie. I will try to include the hand painted outfits, the Tinkerbell presents, ADR plans. I want to try out the Princess and Pirate Party. TGS can be the princess and I will be the Pirate.

Small talk. I just realized I suck at it. So bad. I have two examples for you.

I was watching my daughter's soccer game. (Which is really a blob of kids running in a pack together for 40 minutes too long at this age) And making the dreaded "small talk". The nice lady had described a restaurant and how fancy it is. Super fancy, leave the kids home and get dressed up kind of fancy. I was nodding and tried to make some noise out of my mouth to show I was paying attention. So I said "So it is real Ritsy Titsy?" My brain stalled. I can't believe I just made up a word like Titsy and tried to pass it off in an adult conversation. So of course, this has sent me into a fit of inappropriate giggles which, to my horror, turned into an all out crying laughing, slapping my knees, farting heckle. I could hardly breathe at my own embarrassment. For Pete's sakes. It's bad enough I said it. No need for the spectacle of me dissolving in to hysterics.

Another example.

Gesturing with a tampon while talking to prominent community officials does not make your point more valid. I was digging through my purse getting my keys, when I was stopped by an important official to discuss some community issues. Not a problem, I was on my game this time. I made my case, with lots of elaborate hand gestures, as I always do when I a passionate about an issue. In horror, out of the corner of my eye, I see that I am holding not just my keys, but a tampon as well. My heads up response "Oh Look, I have a tampon, but I am not on my period right now or anything."

More poor son, may have inherited this gift. The other day after eating a Peppermint Patty, he told me "Mom, every time I eat one of these cookies, I feel like I am sweating!"

Cowgirl

Just me and you in this Disney thread. Thanks for being here.

:howdy: I'm here. The story of your son and his sweaty cookies reminded me of what Little D said last night at dinner. We were having spanish rice, and he said, "Just because you eat spanish rice doesn't mean you'll learn spanish." :lol:

SoMDGirl42

OMG! you just made me laugh so hard, I peed in my pants, farted and have tears rolling down my cheeks, and I'm at work!

I need to stay away from your treads from here on out.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
NOOOOO!!!!!!

I am jealous. I want to stay there. The kids love the POP too much and with my Mom's discount it is so cheap. Will you take pics of the room and the view for me?
I can! We always request Magic Kingdom side, and I think we have only not got it once. Which is way cool to sit on the balcony and watch the fireworks, no crowds GREAT view. I love that place.

MMDad

Lem Putt
I can! We always request Magic Kingdom side, and I think we have only not got it once. Which is way cool to sit on the balcony and watch the fireworks, no crowds GREAT view. I love that place.

:yeahthat: We were 9th floor, next to the last room on the end. Felt like you could spit on top of Space Mountain. There is no chance you could have a better view.