Few Shots from today

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com
Since I didn't do "A day in the Life of.." I thought I would go out and see what I could find when I got home. A short cool walk through the woods turned a few images out.

Getting a little green out there. This little thing was growing out of a red brick in the woods.

260293443_rcFsk-L.jpg

Couple examples of Depth of Field

260294051_Lswfw-XL.jpg

260294353_ij5it-XL.jpg

This is the time of day to shoot. The hour of light at the end of the day or first thing in the morning is amazing. Prime time light there.

260294540_a5HZQ-XL.jpg

Another tip about backgrounds, they steal away from your subject. take your aperture down to between 2.8. and 5.6 and it blurs the ugly background stuff out. The lower the number the blurrier it gets and the less depth of field or depth of focus your image has.

Enjoy the day!

T

TwilightImaging

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Emilee loved the images, but said with a cracking voice and teary eyes..."Daddy...is THAT where we are moving to?" referring to the BW images...haha. NICE WORK J!!

MrX

High Octane
Nice captures..love the angles and DoF; The lens has a pretty pleasing bokeh as well. :yay:

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com
Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Emilee loved the images, but said with a cracking voice and teary eyes..."Daddy...is THAT where we are moving to?" referring to the BW images...haha. NICE WORK J!!

Thanks all for the coment!

Twilight, Tell Emilee its not that bad here. If she wants I can get a picture of a little beach, a playground, maybe even a Chunky Cheese if I get up to Waldorf this weekend?

harleyrider

Natural Born Smartass
Thanks all for the coment!

Twilight, Tell Emilee its not that bad here. If she wants I can get a picture of a little beach, a playground, maybe even a Chunky Cheese if I get up to Waldorf this weekend?

He alomst got away :cartwheel

Attachments

• t.JPG
    t.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 77
was that the church in chaptico? if so could u possibly do a shot of the angel gravestone? at night ? thanks!

diva3108.jpg

my shot for today

Last edited:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Getting a little green out there. This little thing was growing out of a red brick in the woods.
Nice shot as are the others. I took a walk in the woods behind my house early this morning and noticed all the new growth popping out in the most amazing places. Just wish I had thought to bring a camera with me. :doh:

Great shots one and all! :cheers:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
was that the church in chaptico?

Nope, that's St. Andrew's in Leonardtown. Gar...evil scavenger hunt. :lmao:

jbr, great shots. What's the EXIF on those long exposures? And, I'm assuming you were using the 50mm 1.8 for those gnarly trees? Well done!!

Last edited:

Dead Eye

T.P.F.er
was that the church in chaptico? if so could u possibly do a shot of the angel gravestone? at night ? thanks!

diva3108.jpg

my shot for today

Great Shot Wonderfull Color. Here is my only shot of today . The Kiddo came home with this shirt and it screemed to be shot.

focus.jpg

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com
Nope, that's St. Andrew's in Leonardtown. Gar...evil scavenger hunt. :lmao:

jbr, great shots. What's the EXIF on those long exposures? And, I'm assuming you were using the 50mm 1.8 for those gnarly trees? Well done!!

Phyxuis, Yeah thats St Andrews, I shot that with the 28-70mm F2.8

Click on image for EXIF