A walk about the DC monuments.

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com
It was a nice day to do a little shooting of the monuments and stuff in DC.

Enjoy!

Here a gallery of them: JBR : photos : Monuments March 2nd 2008- powered by SmugMug

A couple to post in here:

261440061_qL4VC-XL-2.jpg

261439986_QoDsH-L-3.jpg

261439900_Xj85B-L-1.jpg

261440007_u5ANE-L-1.jpg

261440031_qCX6T-L-2.jpg

J

Tomcat

Anytime
Did you find any eagles the other day? One flew right over me this morning when I went out to start the car. I remembered someone saying they were going to try and shoot some this weekend.

T

TwilightImaging

Incredible, comp, clearity, tone...the girl by the wall is incredible.
I can't wait to show the girls dc...the more images posted, the more excited they get realizing Texas isn't it's own world.
Thanks J

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
JBR, I really like the White House shot. Very crisp!

The Washington Monument isn't quite centered. I kept thinking the horizon was crooked, but that appears good however there is more space on the left side of the image than on the right. This also makes the spot where the water "runs off" the side of the image higher on the left than on the right.

Nice reflection on the reflecting pool though!

**Oops, you weren't asking. Let me know if you want me to delete this.

Last edited:

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com
JBR, I really like the White House shot. Very crisp!

The Washington Monument isn't quite centered. I kept thinking the horizon was crooked, but that appears good however there is more space on the left side of the image than on the right.

Nice reflection on the reflecting pool though!

Yeah, not real good with straightening in photoshop 6. Thats all I have here at work. I think I am going to redo the Washington Monuments when I get home in NX.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
It was a nice day to do a little shooting of the monuments and stuff in DC.

Very nice. I love the detail of seeing the water droplets on the head of the goose. :yay:

Here is a link from an evening of shooting in DC:

Excellent! I love the play of light and shadow in some of the pics.

I only have one night photo from DC that is worth a crap, as the battery on my camera ran out right after I snapped this picture during the fireworks at the Mall last year:

IMG_1019.jpg

T

TwilightImaging

jameo...the train shot is intense! Jazzy...incredible image, seriously!
A large number of you guys should push doing stock, or flat out approach different cities, historical societies, oh...travel agancies are another one. I have seen some incredible talent in here. You really can't teach it all, photography and the ability to give an image "feeling"comes from the heart and soul of the shooter, and you never ever learn or know it all.

T

TwilightImaging

But just being out there...living the moment that's the key...nice job!

backagain39

Incredible, comp, clearity, tone...the girl by the wall is incredible.
I can't wait to show the girls dc...the more images posted, the more excited they get realizing Texas isn't it's own world.
Thanks J

DC is a beautiful city but stay in the tourist areas of town, and it's even more beautiful at night but not safe..............

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
But just being out there...living the moment that's the key...nice job!

Amen! For living in this area since I was a kid, I had never been to The Mall to see the fireworks in person so when I got the chance (Thanks Catt and Otter!) I jumped on it and had the most amazing experience. There is NOTHING like seeing it up close like that. :yay: