Running Preference

KillJoy

In doubt? Throttle out!
Do you prefer to do your running inside on a treadmill, or outside?

I like to do most of my running outside. Although if it is too cold (normally 32 degrees or below), I will settle for a treadmill. I like to run outside more because it feels like I am actually getting something done.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
I liked inside more, the treadmill always seemed easier on my tore up feet, knees and spine. It's easier to get lost in the morning news too, running outside was always too hot/cold/windy/wet/humid/dark/. But I was military so that O'dark 30 PT always sucked.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The...

...tread mills are easier on the ol' bod. Running outside is far more enjoyable and much easier to keep going because, as you say, it seems like you're getting somewhere. It's a trade off. There's also no dogs or cars in the gym.

Vince

Love running outside, but no more running. Knee is in bad shape. Might need some new bearings put in or something. Maybe a grease fitting to keep it lubed up. :shrug:

T

toppick08

Love running outside, but no more running. Knee is in bad shape. Might need some new bearings put in or something. Maybe a grease fitting to keep it lubed up. :shrug:

WD-40 can help......seriously.

Ladybug76

Do you prefer to do your running inside on a treadmill, or outside?

I like to do most of my running outside. Although if it is too cold (normally 32 degrees or below), I will settle for a treadmill. I like to run outside more because it feels like I am actually getting something done.

I like to run on the treadmill so that I can adjust the incline. I am a horrible runner (ugly stride), so when I am outside, I just walk fast.

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
I use the treadmill more often then running outside. But I do like to run outside on a nice day. Time goes by quicker it seems b/c your acutally getting somewhere and there are different things to look at. where as the gym I'm forever checking the time or miles wondering when I will be done.

I actually enjoyed my run last May over the Solomons bridge, great view!
I can't wait to have this baby so I can get back to running I miss it alot.

JULZ

BFJ
Not running, but walking on treadmill....do I have to wear shoes or is it okay to wear my slippers or go barefoot?

thurley42

HY;FR
Not running, but walking on treadmill....do I have to wear shoes or is it okay to wear my slippers or go barefoot?

is this your own treadmill or at the gym?

If it is your personal treadmill do whatever makes you happy. If it is at the gym you have to wear tennis shoes. Not only are slippers dangerous to wear on a treadmill, but barefoot is just gross....for many reasons...do you know how much I sweat on that thing when I run??? I'm just one person!

MDTerps

Back in the saddle

World gym has posted rules about what type of foot wear is required. I think it stated that slippers are good to wear. :yay:

:sarcasm:

thurley42

HY;FR
I use an elliptical machine that I recently bought from Walmart. For the price, one can't beat it. Here's the link. You get a better workout without the impact of running.

Eclipse 1100HR/A Elliptical Trainer - Wal-Mart

I've got an Elliptical and a TMill....waiting to go in my basement cardio room (almost done)

I alternate everyday between running and ellipitcal HIIT...and while I look forward to the latter, I have to say the former gives me a lot better workout....

hippichic

I don't run, but walk. I prefer to walk outside where I have scenery. I've tried reading and watching tv while on a treadmill and it makes me feel sick.

JULZ

BFJ
is this your own treadmill or at the gym?

If it is your personal treadmill do whatever makes you happy. If it is at the gym you have to wear tennis shoes. Not only are slippers dangerous to wear on a treadmill, but barefoot is just gross....for many reasons...do you know how much I sweat on that thing when I run??? I'm just one person!

No it's the treadmill at home, and actually I didn't mean barefoot literally, but with socks.