Photoshop practice...

• Thread starter TwilightImaging
  • Start date
T

TwilightImaging

We could have some one submit a generic "stock" type image in the thread. Like a guy/gal sitting in a chair...or a car, foot, plant...anything without too much clutter.
We then take the image and everyone does a bit of photoshop to it and reposts. Nothing major, just change the image, add to it, take a bit away...maybe just a frame or border...and if anyone has any questions they can ask here as well.

For example...guy in chair in room, place the guy in chair in the middle of a field. It would get everyone who can use the practice (like myself) and would be VERY interesting to see what people do to change the image...ya think?
yay...nay?

We could have some one submit a generic "stock" type image in the thread. Like a guy/gal sitting in a chair...or a car, foot, plant...anything without too much clutter.
We then take the image and everyone does a bit of photoshop to it and reposts. Nothing major, just change the image, add to it, take a bit away...maybe just a frame or border...and if anyone has any questions they can ask here as well.

For example...guy in chair in room, place the guy in chair in the middle of a field. It would get everyone who can use the practice (like myself) and would be VERY interesting to see what people do to change the image...ya think?
yay...nay?

:yay: I don't have PhotoShop on this computer. My hubby has it. I do have Microsoft Digital Image Suite 6 though. :shrug:

T

TwilightImaging

Can you add frames and do things to change the image...like the exposure, etc?

I think you can download one of the elements for a free 30 day trial...I know I did it before I purchased cs2. I also don't want this to be a big pain, just was thinking it would give people the chance to play a bit...with ALL OUR EXTRA TIME. hahahaha

Can you add frames and do things to change the image...like the exposure, etc?

I think you can download one of the elements for a free 30 day trial...I know I did it before I purchased cs2. I also don't want this to be a big pain, just was thinking it would give people the chance to play a bit...with ALL OUR EXTRA TIME. hahahaha

Yeah, I can do that.

T

TwilightImaging

okay...someone have a generic image, by this I mean a stock type image...like the keyboard shots or something simple without clutter...lemme look a min and see...

T

TwilightImaging

too many files, I'll check tomorrow, from what i have seen a lot of you guys have great images for this,,,see what you come up with...the first image posted is the one we go with...deal? This'll be fun.

E

(((echo)))

well since "photoshoping" takes a little time how bout we do this....
Starting alphebeticly on tuesdays we come up with 5 things that start with the letter "A" and put those things to a vote to conclude wednesday...
The winning vote will be displayed at midnight wednesday and we have untill monday to "photoshop" the object.

If the winning vote is an "apple" for example....each user it tasked with either photographing one on their own or using one from stock photography...and All submissions will include the "actual" picture as a reference
:shrug:

T

TwilightImaging

Remember...if you have questions on how to do something in PS...or have an idea but not sure how to get there, just ask, I'm sure someone can help out. This is the whole idea, to get a bit more comfortable with processing:)