Need Some Mommy Help

watercolor

yeah yeah
I didnt think I would have to....I thought maybe home/personal remedies would work....Dont always have to search the net.:wink: :biggrin:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Carmex... It has beeswax in it.

It'll dry out that sore in 3 days max.

Until you get some... wipe your finger on the side of your nose, and then put the oil from your skin on the blister. I remember reading that in the Doctor's Book of Home Remedies a long time ago.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Is it inside or outside the mouth? if it's outside try carmax very little white with yellow top tin can. Heels them in a snap. If it's inside I always just use the salt thing on myself, luckily Tyler has never had one inside his mouth.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by sleuth14
Carmex... It has beeswax in it.

It'll dry out that sore in 3 days max.

Until you get some... wipe your finger on the side of your nose, and then put the oil from your skin on the blister. I remember reading that in the Doctor's Book of Home Remedies a long time ago.

You beat me by like 5 seconds!

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by tys_mommy
Is it inside or outside the mouth? if it's outside try carmax very little white with yellow top tin can. Heels them in a snap. If it's inside I always just use the salt thing on myself, luckily Tyler has never had one inside his mouth.

Its forming on the outside of my bottom lip...right smackk dab in the middle. Ok. Will look into that tonite. Thanks

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Originally posted by watercolor23
Its forming on the outside of my bottom lip...right smackk dab in the middle. Ok. Will look into that tonite. Thanks

You have Herpes. Go and see the doctor.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I know I have a form of herpes..but not the kind that is contagious
I thought that any open blister can be contagious.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
I know I have a form of herpes..but not the kind that is contagious

Herpes Simplex Type II (I think that's the oral kind) IS CONTAGIOUS while the sores are active.

I wouldn't recommend any kissin', drink sharin', etc. while the sores are blooming.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Herpes Simplex Type II (I think that's the oral kind) IS CONTAGIOUS while the sores are active.

I wouldn't recommend any kissin', drink sharin', etc. while the sores are blooming.
Sleuth and Rose are correct. Very Contagious.

watercolor

yeah yeah

wel I was informed wrong. thanks for the info. and I am not :kiss:'in anyone right now. :smile:

G

giggles04

Just full of good info aren't ya?!:biggrin:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
At the very first sign of a fever blister start taking L-Lysine. Usually knocks 'em right out. Also Abreva is very good, but costs $16-$18 for a very small tube. Both are OTC.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by cattitude
At the very first sign of a fever blister start taking L-Lysine. Usually knocks 'em right out. Also Abreva is very good, but costs $16-$18 for a very small tube. Both are OTC.

Yea my mom had some avbreva..and I tried it last night and it was working good. swelling went down imm. But.. my dad was also using it.. so ..... I couldnt take it. LOL

and yes....L-Lysine is good. Should have thought about that. Thanks for the gingko bolt there catt :smile: