Still Looking For Truck Painter 0r Even Primer-er

Dodgem250

I have a 1986 Dodge D100 Shortbed and I'm looking for a painter interested in making a few hundred dollars on the side one weekend. Nothing fancy, just a two-tone Silver/Gray/Silver, Or Silver/Black/Silver, or maybe just all Silver. I'll be doing the light body work that's needed, but, just need a painter. I will also make myself useful in taping and papering, I'm willing to work it out.

I'd be just as happy to find someone to shoot it all primer at this point

Let me know who's interested and give me a quote by email at:

SoMdMusician@somd.net

Last edited:

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
I have a 1986 Dodge D100 Shortbed and I'm looking for a painter interested in making a few hundred dollars on the side one weekend. Nothing fancy, just a two-tone Silver/Gray/Silver, Or Silver/Black/Silver, or maybe just all Silver. I'll be doing the light body work that's needed, but, just need a painter.

I'd be just as happy to find someone to shoot it all primer at this point

Let me know who's interested and give me a quote by email at:

SoMdMusician@somd.net

Good Luck in your search again. Just so you know painting two-tone cost even more and you are not going to find anyone to paint it for a few hundred dollars. If by chance you do, it's gonna look like crap.

Dodgem250

Good Luck in your search again. Just so you know painting two-tone cost even more and you are not going to find anyone to paint it for a few hundred dollars. If by chance you do, it's gonna look like crap.

Well, what I mean by a few hundred dollars is not like $200-$300, I'm willing to pay, and besides "crap" would look ok at this point LOL!

BUMP-BUMP!
DoDgEm

Dodgem250

I have actually settled on solid silver... or gray, I don't really care to be honest with you, I just need some paint...

LusbyMom

Well, what I mean by a few hundred dollars is not like $200-$300, I'm willing to pay, and besides "crap" would look ok at this point LOL!

BUMP-BUMP!
DoDgEm

Ok I thought I remembered you only wanting to pay $200 - 300 the last time. I do remember asking my painter and he laughed and said no way.

I do have another painter who "might" be interested depending on what your few hundred is and if you want that to include materials. Two-Tone means more materials then a single color.

Dodgem250

Ok I thought I remembered you only wanting to pay $200 - 300 the last time. I do remember asking my painter and he laughed and said no way.

I do have another painter who "might" be interested depending on what your few hundred is and if you want that to include materials. Two-Tone means more materials then a single color.

Yeah well, I've had quotes in the upper hundreds and I'm not gonna pay someone to shoot the truck a solid color who does not do it for a living, if someone around here has a spray gun and some knowledge, I'd certainly pay them for the skills, but, if it's gonna be a professional quality paint shop, then anything over $1000 is not worth the age of the truck to me, I'm not trying to impress anyone, I don't have time for people like that, I just want to protect the rust that's on my truck. See, I plan to buy the paint and I'm gonna do all the body work and I will step up and paper and tape it off, all I need is someone who wants to walk in, paint it, walk out, that easy, I'm not interested in a Painter does everything job, I'm trying to make this easy on the painter and easy on my pocket at the same time. I'm not here to have everyone tell me the same old thing about how crappy a job is gonna look unless I pay someone a few thousand dollars, if this were a hot rod, a collector car, or a show car, yeah sure, not an issue, but, this is an old dodge pickup that takes my butt back and forth to work and through muddy deer hunting fields, it's worth a few hundred dollars and my efforts to help someone paint this Mule for me, I'm not planning on putting it in a car show.

I think this might sum up what I'm trying to do actually, not trying to be rude or anything by any means, but, I feel I need to make the point louder, to stop all the low-budget replies.

Thanks,
Dodgem

Dodgem250

And just for the record, most "painters" do this for a living and they are expecting to have to do it all by themselves and this not the case, and besides I have seen first hand some of the paint jobs from guys who do this for a living, and Krylon leaves less runs.... And dare I mention orange peel? and this for those $1500-$2500 jobs... "oh no, there's nothing we can do about that, that's just the way it is" or the famous, "There might be an issue with acid in your metal" or "IT'S GALVANIZED"... Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know all that, just paint the thing will ya? LMAO!

Dodgem

Last edited:

LusbyMom

Yeah well, I've had quotes in the upper hundreds and I'm not gonna pay someone to shoot the truck a solid color who does not do it for a living, if someone around here has a spray gun and some knowledge, I'd certainly pay them for the skills, but, if it's gonna be a professional quality paint shop, then anything over $1000 is not worth the age of the truck to me, I'm not trying to impress anyone, I don't have time for people like that, I just want to protect the rust that's on my truck. See, I plan to buy the paint and I'm gonna do all the body work and I will step up and paper and tape it off, all I need is someone who wants to walk in, paint it, walk out, that easy, I'm not interested in a Painter does everything job, I'm trying to make this easy on the painter and easy on my pocket at the same time. I'm not here to have everyone tell me the same old thing about how crappy a job is gonna look unless I pay someone a few thousand dollars, if this were a hot rod, a collector car, or a show car, yeah sure, not an issue, but, this is an old dodge pickup that takes my butt back and forth to work and through muddy deer hunting fields, it's worth a few hundred dollars and my efforts to help someone paint this Mule for me, I'm not planning on putting it in a car show.

I think this might sum up what I'm trying to do actually, not trying to be rude or anything by any means, but, I feel I need to make the point louder, to stop all the low-budget replies.

Thanks,
Dodgem

I understand what you are saying. I wanted you to realize that painting isn't a cheap job. I deal with people on a daily basis and some want it done for next to nothing and others will spend a fortune and sometimes you have to wonder why they would sink so much money into a car :lol:

Giving my other painter a call now to see what he says.

LusbyMom

And just for the record, most "painters" do this for a living and they are expecting to have to do it all by themselves and this not the case, and besides I have seen first hand some of the paint jobs from guys who do this for a living, and Krylon leaves less runs.... And dare I mention orange peel? and this for those $1500-$2500 jobs... "oh no, there's nothing we can do about that, that's just the way it is" or the famous, "There might be an issue with acid in your metal" or "IT'S GALVANIZED"... Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know all that, just paint the thing will ya? LMAO!

Dodgem

Who do you want to sand the primer? You are the painter?

Dodgem250

I understand what you are saying. I wanted you to realize that painting isn't a cheap job. I deal with people on a daily basis and some want it done for next to nothing and others will spend a fortune and sometimes you have to wonder why they would sink so much money into a car :lol:

Giving my other painter a call now to see what he says.

I certainly would appreciate any leads I could get, like I said, not looking for anything fancy, and like you said, why would anyone sink that kind of money in to it, I would if it were worth the fortune. If you find a lead you can email me at:

somdmusician@somd.net or cell at 240-682-0958

Thanks Again!
Dodgem

Dodgem250

Did you call the tech center in Leonardtown.? Somtimes they teach the kids spray painting down there.

Yeah, I have called a few of the tech centers in the area, and just like I expected, they have a line up of cars just waiting to be done, the dude from the new high school in Waldorf was just a plain a$$ about my inquiry. And in other news, I have asked questions of people who are willing to paint the truck for me, BUT, I never get any replies back anyone, so, I'll just keep reading the mail for someone who is actually trustworthy and willing to make some money.

Dodgem