Osprey are coming!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Inkpen

It is that time of year..the osprey are returning to Maryland!!!:yahoo:

I know a good number of us watch nests with cameras at the ready!

I am a photographer and a Licensed Master Wildlife Rehabilitator for DNR, Maryland.
I am starting on my US Fish and Widlifelife permit/license to house and rehab osprey.
Currently I am licensed only to treat and transport birds of prey, but not house them. My speciality with in the birds of prey is the osprey, thus my interest in nesting sites and numbers.

I am working on an osprey nest map for So. Md.
If you know of locations, please PM me.
If you have photos, post them!!!

Dead Eye has some of the best osprey photos I have seen here on the Forum!!
Thank you for sharing them DE!!!! :huggy:

If you do watch a nesting site, I would love to see photos of the nest now, before the osprey arrive.

Any osprey or wildlife questions, feel free to contact me!

Tomcat

Anytime

If you do watch a nesting site, I would love to see photos of the nest now, before the osprey arrive.

Do you know of any sites in the Hollywood area? Forrest Landing or related coves.

I know a good number of us watch nests with cameras at the ready!

I am a photographer and a Licensed Master Wildlife Rehabilitator for DNR, Maryland.
I am starting on my US Fish and Widlifelife permit/license to house and rehab osprey.
Currently I am licensed only to treat and transport birds of prey, but not house them. My speciality with in the birds of prey is the osprey, thus my interest in nesting sites and numbers.

Dead Eye has some of the best osprey photos I have seen here on the Forum!!
Thank you for sharing them DE!!!! :huggy:

My in-laws have a house on the water. They have always had Osprey living by their dock. A few years ago momma and baby were flying around the house. Next thing you know, ZAP! Baby bird hit the power lines and fell dead to the ground. That baby birds claws would have put a serious hurting on anyone!

Maybe I can get some good pictures of them this year.

Jameo

What?!
There is a nest right across the street from my house already.

Spotted this guy enjoying a nice fish dinner in my parents yard last wk.

262939196_KLYwj-M.jpg

Dead Eye

T.P.F.er
There is a nest right across the street from my house already.

Spotted this guy enjoying a nice fish dinner in my parents yard last wk.

262939196_KLYwj-M.jpg

Very good job Jameo.

Won't be long now and these lil babys under Momma (Henryetta) will be back to nest so I gotta get a few nesting platforms ready in hopes they will like em.

IMG_2704.jpg

First sighting of this year that I know about on the 6th I think.

Friends of Blackwater NWR - Home Page

Last edited:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Beautiful pics guys....

I had a friend call me to get an osprey a few years ago that was SHOT on her property...yep..SHOT ...I went and got him and took him to a friends where he went "up the road" poor guy did not make it ..but I am here to tell ya that is one hell of a big strong and long taloned bird they are NOT to be messed with..I was very careful catching him and taking him to the rehabber..I wish I could find the pics of him I had..

Dead Eye

T.P.F.er
Here is another but it had to be sharpened a bit too much. " Taken with cheep glass"

IMG_2681.jpg

Ill be trying a new set up this year and fingers are crossed for better results.

I

Inkpen

Here is another but it had to be sharpened a bit too much. " Taken with cheep glass"

IMG_2681.jpg

Ill be trying a new set up this year and fingers are crossed for better results.

DE: Is this a 2008 set of chicks or last year?
Thanks for the photo!!!
I was away at National Wildlife Conferance in NJ all last week and took a lot of raptor classes!!
There was a "Nature" photographer there....and NONE of his pieces were as dynamic as yours!!! GREEN KARMA FOR YOU :buddies:

Dead Eye

T.P.F.er
That was from last year. We are about two and a half month from this years hatchlings with this pair. Im out of town now and expect to see them when I return in a week. I hope to get one of those babies to nest in one of the photog freindly spots I have set up.

A pair on base today.

Attachments

• 2osprey2s.jpg
    2osprey2s.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 85
  • osprey1.jpg
    osprey1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 73
  • osprey2.jpg
    osprey2.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 65
  • osprey4.jpg