Time for the chantix update

bcp

In My Opinion
who has quit smoking here so far with the help of chantix?

I am finally starting to get over the quitting of chantix now, almost three months since I came off of it.

I still have not smoked since the end of July.

so, who else is winning the battle?

donbarzini

I don't know that the chantix has helped me as much as the heart attack, but I "stopped" on Dec 20 en route to the hospital and the cravings have gotten further and further apart. I crave the most after a really good meal, but I haven't killed anyone and my wife hasn't kicked me out.(yet)

Nanny Pam

I don't know that the chantix has helped me as much as the heart attack, but I "stopped" on Dec 20 en route to the hospital and the cravings have gotten further and further apart. I crave the most after a really good meal, but I haven't killed anyone and my wife hasn't kicked me out.(yet)

I'm glad you're still with us! :huggy:

And don't smoke anymore.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

:howdy: Haven't had a smoke since 22 Jan.
Got one months supply of chantix, a few day after I quit smoking, I started getting down to 1 a day then cut a few in half and was taking a half a day for a while.
Gave away the last 4 days worth that I had.

bcp

In My Opinion
I kept smoking for three years after mine.

as a matter of fact, the night that I had the attack I was shipped from AA med center to Washington Hospital Center so they could do the stents and all that the next morning. after getting to the WHC and getting into my room and having their monitor stuck to my chest, the nurse walked out of the room.

I grabbed a pack from my pants pocket and went on down and out front and burned one while talking on the cell phone.

as I look back, it might not have been the smartest thing I had ever done..

oh well.

donbarzini

I kept smoking for three years after mine.

as a matter of fact, the night that I had the attack I was shipped from AA med center to Washington Hospital Center so they could do the stents and all that the next morning. after getting to the WHC and getting into my room and having their monitor stuck to my chest, the nurse walked out of the room.

I grabbed a pack from my pants pocket and went on down and out front and burned one while talking on the cell phone.

as I look back, it might not have been the smartest thing I had ever done..

oh well.

:killingme I probably would have done the same thing, but the wife made me leave them at home. And they were gone when I got back.

bcp

In My Opinion
:killingme I probably would have done the same thing, but the wife made me leave them at home. And they were gone when I got back.
funny thing was that I did not know the monitor they used sent signals to the main desk on the floor I was on (5th I think) so when I went down the elevator, they lost signal and I flat lined on their monitor.

nurse was not really polite with me when I returned. :killingme

bcp

In My Opinion
i am on chantix, starting my second month just quit smoking on friday, so far it hasnt been bad this week, i only want to smoke when im bored, so i try to keep myself busy. this will be the 4th time i quit smoking so hopefully it works.
Chantix will keep you from smoking while you use it.
however, for me it was like quitting cold turkey when I came off the chantix.

donbarzini

funny thing was that I did not know the monitor they used sent signals to the main desk on the floor I was on (5th I think) so when I went down the elevator, they lost signal and I flat lined on their monitor.

nurse was not really polite with me when I returned. :killingme

Geezuz Kriste! That's hilarious! I can see them running into your room yelling "Code Blue! Code Blue!" and the damned bed is empty.

KWAK

I failed twice on chantix. . . . although I know about 6 people who have been permanently quit for anywhere from 4 months to a couple of years now.

I'm too stressed out to quit smoking. . . . my own personal justification.

bcp

In My Opinion
it takes the edge off, but makes me sick to my stomach when i take it.
left me feeling sick for the first week too. but that passed. only thing that it did do for the entire time was leave me with really loud but smell free farts.

stylin

Funny

left me feeling sick for the first week too. but that passed. only thing that it did do for the entire time was leave me with really loud but smell free farts.

So funny you say that, hubby and I just quit on Chantix (3rd try with it) our house smells like 295 going into town on a 100 degree day.....its horrible....

JULZ

BFJ
I tried Chantix and it made me very sick to my stomach all the time. I'm still smoking :ohwell:

Anyone ever try hypnotherapy?

bcp

In My Opinion
I tried Chantix and it made me very sick to my stomach all the time. I'm still smoking :ohwell:

Anyone ever try hypnotherapy?
it worked for a woman that lived next door to us when I was growing up.

it also worked to keep me from playing with myself while riding public transportation.

Im gonna have fun now that I cant get red :killingme

JULZ

BFJ
it worked for a woman that lived next door to us when I was growing up.

it also worked to keep me from playing with myself while riding public transportation.

Im gonna have fun now that I cant get red :killingme

:yikes: Thanks for sharing.

atrusomder

Isaiah 55:8-9

I am finally starting to get over the quitting of chantix now, almost three months since I came off of it.

I still have not smoked since the end of July.

so, who else is winning the battle?

Ahhh, That magical little blue pill... I love it....
My husband and I both started taking chantix August 15, and we both quit a month later. Sept 18 for me , and Sept 21 for him. We both took chantix for 8weeks.

We are still smoke free :yay:

Everyone reacts differently so I hear. I was so sick on it for the first 2 weeks I wanted to quit taking them but I just knew that was a small price I had to pay to life a smoke free life.

The good part is, I finally realize how bad it looked, smelled. O' to smell someone smoking now is down right disgusting.

To those I ever smoke around who were non-smokers. I am Sorry!!!

Good Luck to all who have quit and to all who are trying.