Health Insurance

mrweb

Iron City
I just changed jobs, went Gvt once again. My 24 y.o. was covered under my contractor health plan until she graduates in two months from college. She is getting married in Aug, however we need interim coverage for just a few months. Anyone know of a provider for an individual plan of which they have had experience?

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
call your insurance plan and ask them about Cobra Insurance sometimes they will let you or a family member have it for 6 months after being removed from insurance, however it is a little more expensive.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Our son started a new job over a year ago..but there was a 60 day period from the start of his new job until his insurance would kick in and the COBRA was $$$$. We just helped him use Blue Cross online and picked out a cheap catastrophic-type plan. You can pretty much tailor it to suit your needs...high deductible, etc. since you won't need it for long.

mommato3

Carefirst bluecross blueshield should be able to get her a decent policy. They are quite expensive for me (my husband does not have coverage through his job and I do not work). For myself and 3 kids, it is almost 1700 every 3 months. But with her being single, I am sure you could find something much cheaper. Good luck!!