I never thought I would ever have to do this but..

M

Mousebaby

Dr. Simlote informed me today that I am HIGHLY allergic to my rabbit. He said I should not even touch her. I'm like if I can't touch her who's going to play with her and clean her cage? :confused:

So, I am faced with finding my bunny a new home. :bawl: I am so heartbroken it is not funny! I have had her for 5 yrs! So, will someone please take my bunny and love her like I have? She is an indoor bunny only! She is spoiled rotten! I take her out on her leash to nibble clovers and stuff, but only where I know there are no chemicals for her to eat. Other than that she never leaves the house. We allow her to run around the computer/animal room for a little bit everyday. Here's another part I forgot, I am also allergic to her Timothy hay she has to eat on a daily basis! :ohwell: Her name is Cotton, we did not name her, that is the name she was given by her original owner. I will attach a picture of her, she is a sweetheart. Please PM me if you are interested. I would like her to go to experienced bunny people. TIA

:howdy:

P.S. Because I am allergic to rabbits he said chances are I am allergic to my chins too! I have 1 two year old black velvet male and his parents who no longer can have babies they are so old. Mom and dad live in the same cage, but little boy lives alone. The rabbit and the young male chin come with their own cages. All are free. :bawl:

Last edited by a moderator:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
:frown: I know someone that will take the chins...she is experienced with them...

Dr Similot is great..you should have seen his face when he told me I was allergic to dogs and cats..and I said "I am a pet groomer" needless to say 3 yrs later he has me grooming and OFF ALL MEDS...I really like this guy..He also knows I have a house full of dogs/cats..

M

Mousebaby

Mom and Pop Chin are not exactly friendly. They are with me, but only me! I tried to sell them before as breeders years ago and the lady brought them back saying they bit her 4 yr. old. I had told her before hand that they were not play pets, and these kind of animals are not for little kids anyway.

Momma has not had a baby since last April, so I think she is finally finished having them. She is going on 14 yrs. old, and I think Pop is about 9 yrs. old. I have no idea how long they produce babies and I was beginning to wonder if she was ever gonna stop! :lol:

Momma is a Black Velvet and Pop is a regular grey. Ricardo (the young male) is absolutely beautiful and will make gorgeous babies! I am going to attach a pic of Ricardo, I just found one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kittykat33

Why me??
I am so sorry to hear about this.....it is so sad when you have to give a pet away. I hope you find her a happy home and maybe you can go visit or something.

M

Mousebaby

I am so sorry to hear about this.....it is so sad when you have to give a pet away. I hope you find her a happy home and maybe you can go visit or something.

:huggy: Thanks, we are all just sick about it! But as sick as I have been with my sinuses year in and year out I have to do something to fix it. I have tried all the suggestions for allergy sufferers and still get no relief. What's really odd to me is I am NOT allergic to cats, dogs and birds! :confused:

Just seems very strange to me. But I sat there and watched all the little test sites and the rabbit one swelled up like a sore thumb! He said she could actually send me into anaphylactic shock! :shocking:

M

Mousebaby

:huggy: Thanks, we are all just sick about it! But as sick as I have been with my sinuses year in and year out I have to do something to fix it. I have tried all the suggestions for allergy sufferers and still get no relief. What's really odd to me is I am NOT allergic to cats, dogs and birds! :confused:

Just seems very strange to me. But I sat there and watched all the little test sites and the rabbit one swelled up like a sore thumb! He said she could actually send me into anaphylactic shock! :shocking:

:bump:

mtordie

Dr. Simlote informed me today that I am HIGHLY allergic to my rabbit. He said I should not even touch her. I'm like if I can't touch her who's going to play with her and clean her cage? :confused:

So, I am faced with finding my bunny a new home. :bawl: I am so heartbroken it is not funny! I have had her for 5 yrs! So, will someone please take my bunny and love her like I have? She is an indoor bunny only! She is spoiled rotten! I take her out on her leash to nibble clovers and stuff, but only where I know there are no chemicals for her to eat. Other than that she never leaves the house. We allow her to run around the computer/animal room for a little bit everyday. Here's another part I forgot, I am also allergic to her Timothy hay she has to eat on a daily basis! :ohwell: Her name is Cotton, we did not name her, that is the name she was given by her original owner. I will attach a picture of her, she is a sweetheart. Please PM me if you are interested. I would like her to go to experienced bunny people. TIA

:howdy:

P.S. Because I am allergic to rabbits he said chances are I am allergic to my chins too! I have 1 two year old black velvet male and his parents who no longer can have babies they are so old. Mom and dad live in the same cage, but little boy lives alone. The rabbit and the young male chin come with their own cages. All are free. :bawl:

You've had a rabbit for 5 years and all of a sudden you have allergy so bad you have to get rid of it? Doesn't seem logical.:bunny:

M

Mousebaby

You've had a rabbit for 5 years and all of a sudden you have allergy so bad you have to get rid of it? Doesn't seem logical.:bunny:

Well it's like this, I have been sick on and off for years. Seems now we know why. :shrug: I am doing all kinds of other things to get rid of other allergies. I don't want to make her leave, but if it is the only thing I can do to keep from being sick then she has to go. I'm sorry if you don't understand, but if you lived here you would see for yourself how much I love and adore my animals. This is not an easy decision for me to make. :frown:

M

Mousebaby

I seriously need help finding these guys homes. I may have a little girl coming for the bunny tomorrow. But have had no one ask about the chins. We have done so much to try to make my allergies go away, nothing is working. I have replaced flooring with vinyl flooring and have bought Ionic breeze machines. I have bought allergen filters for my ac and heating intake, I have filters on all my vents. We bath the animals (the chins can't be bathed) on a regular basis. We have done a ton of different things to try to fix things. NOTHING short of a miracle is going to make this better.

Up until the other day I had no clue I was even allergic to the rabbit, I never paid any attention. But according to the doctor I cannot have her in the house if she is going to live here and she is an indoor rabbit. There is NO WAY I am going to put her outside! I can't put the chins outside they wouldn't survive.

Ok, I spilled my guts yet again, I am glad the karma is gone, because I'm sure I would get even more red for this then I did for the last time. :frown: