Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Traditional in-ground burial

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bottoms up

I'll take cremation for $500 Alex (versus burial for $10,000 and the thought until then of mealy bugs eating at my in-erds). :cool:

G

giggles04

Put me in the ground... don't need people fighting to figure out who'll keep my ashes or where to spread them.

K

Kain99

I picked cremation but It's not because I'm worried about the bugs.

I hate the thought of people parading by my casket saying - Gee... she looks like like shiat!

But I don't want to be selfish and not leave a grave stone for my family to visit.

Now... I'm all confused:frown:

bottoms up

you can have your ashes buried at a grave site. i plan to dictate how they are distributed. part of my will is that if my wishes are not honored, who ever disobeys loses their inheritance. :cool:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by Sharon
Maggots need to eat too.

:yeahthat:

I always thought I'd be cremated, but the more I think about it, the more wrong I feel it is. It's just being stingy. What happens if everyone opts for cremation? We'd be responsible for the extinction of all corpse eating creatures.

I've decided I just wanna be dumped in the Bay to help restore the blue crab population. :yay:

Prayn4neegl

But I don't want to be selfish and not leave a grave stone for my family to visit.

See I think that they will never heal if there is a tombstone the feel obligated to visit.

bottoms up

think about this. how much longer will humans populate the earth at such record paces that we will have any place left to bury people traditionally? there is only so much earth, and people show no signs of self-extinction unless we nuke eachother. :shrug:

K

Kain99

Originally posted by Prayn4neegl

See I think that they will never heal if there is a tombstone the feel obligated to visit.

That's an interesting philosophy..... Let me chew on that for a sec. :smile:

LastBoyscout

Only the shadow knows
Originally posted by Prayn4neegl

Good point!:eek:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Burn me baby! My grandfather passed away when I was 18 he lived in Georgia. He wanted to be cremated and have his ashes spread in the ocean. No, there's no gravesite for me to visit but how often would I have been able to visit it anyway? I feel better that I can go to any waterway off the ocean and feel close to my grandfather.

Prayn4neegl

I dont know, but ya think maybe the guy who sold the idea of graveyards was the greatest sales man ever? I just think it is rediculous to pay thousands of dollars for and 8'x4' piece of land. Think about it.......... when you buy a home you pay for the lot right? Damn thats a bunch of money to begin with. Well factor in that small piece of land for your grave and figure out how many will fit on your property and then tack $5k per 8x4. Whoa! Awesome salesman.
Lets not even get started on the cost of a casket or head stone.

few hundred bucks to burn, and the family is not burdened any more by your death with regard to your burial needs.

Remember them by how they lived not by their death.

bottoms up

even better, just have yourself buried on your own land! and when you leave the home to the kids, they can visit you whenever they want! :biggrin: they can wave when they mow over you each week, the family pet can come out and spend some quality time watering the grass on you, maybe even be buried next to you when its the pet's time to go. and when your kids sell you house to some freaks of nature, you can haunt the hell out of them. :biggrin: