Photo Tip #7

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com
I just made a number up, don't look for #1-6.

I was looking in a photo forum today and ran across some photos and a tip that some people may like to see in here.

These shots riminded me of something else I need to think about when taking scenic photos. Sometimes you want to show depth in photo. Looking at these photos, they really show depth in the image. This person did a great job of leading you through the image with a good forground item and a great scenic background.

Winter in Scotland - Digital Grin Photography Forum

KurtPreston

Good point. On a side note, I am finding that composition skills are a little more important than the technical aperture/shutter/ISO skills in making a pleasing photo. You can correct technical in post processing to a greater degree than you can composition.

Tomcat

Anytime
Good tip, now if people would read and understand, instead of asking what kind of camera should I buy to take good pictures.

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com
You guys are hitting it on the head!!!

First learn to use what ever camera you have, they all take great pictures!

Learn your controls, then composition is where the art of photography comes in.

Artistic eye is what makes a really good scene photo.

That's why I try to stay with action stuff, not as dependant on composition, more on angles and timing, in my opinion

I don't have that eye like others do, I really have to work at composition.

chipper101

Flutterbug
Someone who I would trust with my life told me that the camera don't make you better, it is the knowledge that makes you better. I am finding that out daily as I attempt to learn more about photography. Thanks JBR13

Jameo

What?!
You guys are hitting it on the head!!!

First learn to use what ever camera you have, they all take great pictures!

Learn your controls, then composition is where the art of photography comes in.

Artistic eye is what makes a really good scene photo.

That's why I try to stay with action stuff, not as dependant on composition, more on angles and timing, in my opinion

I don't have that eye like others do, I really have to work at composition.

You are quick on the shutter! Definitely gives you that edge on catching action stuff :yay: