Clovis-Chesapeake Bay area...

Tomcat

Anytime
Used to be a great place to eat, right at the bridge going to Tilghman Island. I think it was an old lighthouse, or built like one. Food and atmosphere were great, but that was almost 40 years ago when I was going to school over that way.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
There was a program on Discovery or HINT on Saturday called 10000BC (not the movie) that dealt with the ice age natives in the DelMarVar region and speculation on why they disappeared.
maybe it will show again soon.

dustin

UAIOE
There was a program on Discovery or HINT on Saturday called 10000BC (not the movie) that dealt with the ice age natives in the DelMarVar region and speculation on why they disappeared.
maybe it will show again soon.
i saw most of that. quite interesting...

what i found most intriguing was how the researchers presented the physical evidence concerning the approx 2,000 year "desertion" of the DelMarVA area. (13,000-11,000 BC) Which explains the absense of the clovis style points. the researchers in the show had the explanation for the lapse in that the area became inhospitable to live due to dramatic changes in climate. (dust storms and another ice age) and even went on to explain why there is a really thick sediment layer for that time frame...

really interesting show though. although I do start getting frustrated after every commercial break (the narrator repeats the same crap over again that i've already heard)

Jameo

What?!
I've found several arrowheads on the beach right across the street from my house over the years. Sure wish I had saved them :shrug:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Very interesting. They had a blurb about a similar story in the February issue of National Geographic.

Clovis People Not First Americans, Study Shows

It seems the two articles are disputing each other. It's quite fascinating that the finds of something that potentially will rewrite history was found in our own backyard. :yay: