Thanks for stopping to help me today!

morningbell

hmmmmmm
For all of you who stopped to see if I was ok or could assist in any way be it offering of a cell phone or a ride I say thank you from the bottom of my heart. :diva:

Many thanks to the lovers of classic VW bugs who complemented me on my car. She is a beautiful auto and and I am very lucky. My boyfriend and I are working on her and she will be show ready soon.

Once again thanks, you all rock! :dude:

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
For all of you who stopped to see if I was ok or could assist in any way be it offering of a cell phone or a ride I say thank you from the bottom of my heart. :diva:

Many thanks to the lovers of classic VW bugs who complemented me on my car. She is a beautiful auto and and I am very lucky. My boyfriend and I are working on her and she will be show ready soon.

Once again thanks, you all rock! :dude:

That's really nice of you to send that:yay:what happened?

morningbell

hmmmmmm
That's really nice of you to send that:yay:what happened?

My brakes seezed and it just sounded BAD and smelled bad. That should be a quick fix at home tonight but I just couldn't do it without any tools and another adult.

I was just talking to my BF and he was telling me that it could be the brake something or other and that all we have to do is yada yada yada. Because he knows all this it is such a turn on! I told him to stop talking he is getting me hot! :lmao:

Last edited:

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
My breaks seezed and it just sounded BAD and smelled bad. That should be a quick fix at home tonight but I just couldn't do it without any tools and another adult.

I was just talking to my BF and he was telling me that it could be the brake something or other and that all we have to do is yada yada yada. Because he knows all this it is such a trun on! I told him to stop talking he is getting me hot! :lmao:

But really I find it a turn on that he can fix things not limitted to vehicles.

guess it's a good thing your bf in mechanically inclined. Good luck with your bug:lmao:

luvscats

I am green with envy. I had a 71 and my dad had a 68. I wish we had been able to keep them thru the years. there's just something about those little cars that I just lov.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I am green with envy. I had a 71 and my dad had a 68. I wish we had been able to keep them thru the years. there's just something about those little cars that I just lov.

I know, they become a bit of an obsession, I do love them. I had a 74 super but that car has nothing on this 65.

It started about 3 years ago when I was having reoccuring dreams of my 74 dash and I was driving at night, watching the yellow dash lines on the road. It was a great dream but it would wake me and I would have this overwhelming feeling of lament.

I was telling my BF about it and he would tell me that his sister ran 3 bugs into the ground and she didn't know how to take care of them :blahblah: which would drive me nuts b/c I knew how to take care of them and I treated mine with such love.

About a year later there was one for sale on Chingville Rd. so we decided to look at it. He said b/c it was a super that this was bad on it and that was bad but the price wasn't bad and I knew with a lil love I could ge this baby running. He flat out said no.

A year went by looking on Craigslist and I had given up. BF said when he lived in Cali bugs were a dime a dozen (me screaming on the inside) BUT WE'RE NOT IN CALI!!!! :tantrum We set out price range at $3000 but he was searching $5000 at times. I was suspicious and exhausted.

November he found our bug in Richmond. Some guy with 10 cars, 3 of them being Jags was selling her. BF and my son went to look, test drove her and said he put a down payment. I was shocked. I never in a million years expected him to find a bug to his specs but one that was convertible and in such good shape.

Currently I have noticed 8 bugs in this county on the road.

If you are looking, craigslist and samba. Look for atleast 6 months, you will find a jem.

I know, they become a bit of an obsession, I do love them. I had a 74 super but that car has nothing on this 65.

It started about 3 years ago when I was having reoccuring dreams of my 74 dash and I was driving at night, watching the yellow dash lines on the road. It was a great dream but it would wake me and I would have this overwhelming feeling of lament.

I was telling my BF about it and he would tell me that his sister ran 3 bugs into the ground and she didn't know how to take care of them :blahblah: which would drive me nuts b/c I knew how to take care of them and I treated mine with such love.

About a year later there was one for sale on Chingville Rd. so we decided to look at it. He said b/c it was a super that this was bad on it and that was bad but the price wasn't bad and I knew with a lil love I could ge this baby running. He flat out said no.

A year went by looking on Craigslist and I had given up. BF said when he lived in Cali bugs were a dime a dozen (me screaming on the inside) BUT WE'RE NOT IN CALI!!!! :tantrum We set out price range at $3000 but he was searching $5000 at times. I was suspicious and exhausted.

November he found our bug in Richmond. Some guy with 10 cars, 3 of them being Jags was selling her. BF and my son went to look, test drove her and said he put a down payment. I was shocked. I never in a million years expected him to find a bug to his specs but one that was convertible and in such good shape.

Currently I have noticed 8 bugs in this county on the road.

If you are looking, craigslist and samba. Look for atleast 6 months, you will find a jem.

Friend of the family in AZ had 5 daughters. They all drove bugs. The Dad had one as a spare and one as a desert buggy. That guy knew his VeeDubs!

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Friend of the family in AZ had 5 daughters. They all drove bugs. The Dad had one as a spare and one as a desert buggy. That guy knew his VeeDubs!

ok, my VW confession or wish list. one Baja bug, one tricked out 70s bug, 70s Westfalia camper, one spilt window bug, one thing, one biodiesel rabbit, one 80s sirocco, one schimwagen and one 23 window delux for my honey. Thats all.

I told my son that a bug will be his first car, I will buy it before he turns 16 and he will know how to fix everything by the time he gets his license.

I loves the vdubs too!

ok, my VW confession or wish list. one Baja bug, one tricked out 70s bug, 70s Westfalia camper, one spilt window bug, one thing, one biodiesel rabbit, one 80s sirocco, one schimwagen and one 23 window delux for my honey. Thats all.

I told my son that a bug will be his first car, I will buy it before he turns 16 and he will know how to fix everything by the time he gets his license.

I loves the vdubs too!

I've owned two bugs, one station wagon, a 72 and a pickup. The cab over type. That thing was so slow, but I could follow my buddy most places in the desert he went in his jeep.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome

I loves the vdubs too!

My oldest son's first car was an orange Karmann Ghia. I wish we had kept that car. I see one driving off the base every now and then. I want one.:bawl:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My oldest son's first car was an orange Karmann Ghia. I wish we had kept that car. I see one driving off the base every now and then. I want one.:bawl:

My Dad's girlfriend had one and she insisted on parking it in our garage. (We couldn't stand each other)
My dog chewed up and ruined her rag top. :lmao:

R

RadioPatrol

My brakes seezed and it just sounded BAD and smelled bad. That should be a quick fix at home tonight but I just couldn't do it without any tools and another adult.

I was just talking to my BF and he was telling me that it could be the brake something or other and that all we have to do is yada yada yada. Because he knows all this it is such a turn on! I told him to stop talking he is getting me hot! :lmao:

:buddies:

I had a 69 VW I ended up shotgunning the brakes ... ie replaced everything from the master on down, all wheel cylinders, hoses, metal brake lines .... including the 6 foot one that runs through the car .....

all after going through 3 sets of rear shoes because the breaks kept locking up ....

after that my 69 had the best brakes of any VW I had ever owned including the 78 Westie w/power brakes ....

shoot me a PM'r if you need any VW help ... :howdy:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

I wood haffed stopped iffin I seezed you on da side of da rode. :killingme