Photoshop...overlay

T

TwilightImaging

ok J...I did the overlay and it worked perfect...now, how do I make the white block wrap around the hand grip...without making it look...ummm not good:)
I can't get a uniform wrap?
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
overlay.jpg

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com
Ok, Looks great, I just used the burn tool a little on the right side to give it some shadow at like 30 %. Then used the Liquify to give it a little rounded top and bottom, I did this on the full jpeg, if you have the block on a seperate layer it would look even better I think.

Here ya go.

43914d1206023846-photoshop-overlay-overlay-ii.jpg

Attachments

• overlay II.jpg
    overlay II.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
T

TwilightImaging

great...okay...how big is the brush you use for the liquify? I seem to loose the straight edge on the vertical line.
Thanks again!!

E

(((echo)))

ok J...I did the overlay and it worked perfect...now, how do I make the white block wrap around the hand grip...without making it look...ummm not good:)
I can't get a uniform wrap?
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
overlay.jpg
you mean like this???

overlay%20copy.jpg

using either the quick selection tool or the magic wand, highlight the area to be altered..in this case the grey grip.
Now since it's a grey/black issue it can be easily altered by going into the image tab and selecting adjustments.
from there you will go into the brightness/contrast controls and adjust to match the surrounding area.

when you are done "deselect" your quick selection tool to see your product.

BUT there is a problemb....you will see a noticable "rectangle" around the area you just altered

to fix this i will magnify intill eack pixl is almost a centimeter or 2 large, then using the clone stamp i will "clone" the pixl directly above or below the area to be cloned (or side to side for verticle.
when finished....set your blur tool for 25-30% and blur the altered cloned area only.

i'm sure there is an easier way....but i never read the manuals :lol:

(edit)
duh...now i see what you wanted :im a dork:

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com
I used a brush that gave me over hang on both sides of the grey block, that let me try to catch the entire lower edge then again the entire upper edge.

Sorry I don't know what size i used.

T

TwilightImaging

No actually Echo...you answered my next question. Thanks!!!!!
JB...thanks...I think the brush i was using was too small...waaaa.
Thanks again!!