Trip to scope out Md...

T

TwilightImaging

I'll be up in the Md area. Staying with my cousin in Churchton and driving the hour to look at Bel Air in the next week or so. Any ideas...lemme know.

Honestly, I'll look for places for a day or two................and shoot the rest:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Thanks again...
trip_churchton.jpg

Cowgirl

You should come to the Shore! There is some beautiful scenery and plenty of wildlife over here.

JEB

in Churchton

Used to live at the end of Chalk Pt. Rd.
West River and Rhodes River are great.
If your cousin has a boat there you're set for a day+ of pictures. Or drive to the end of Shady Side, called Idlewilde.
Annapolis for quaint shops in downtown.
Ft. McHenry in Balt.
Don't know about BelAir.
When you're on the water its breezy and colder than you might expect.

backagain39

You didn't look at it either. :lol: I don't think he should have any trouble with Baltimore as long as he stays on 695 and doesn't jump at a little gunfire.

I looked but couldn't tell how many miles.......looks like an hour maybe but it's a map and I am a girl..............:killingme

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
looks like an hour maybe but it's a map and I am a girl
Us men read them very well, we just rarely ever do it (at least when others are around).

On that note, I think Twilight will be doing a heck of a lot of driving if he hopes to travel between Bel Air, Churchton and So. MD. :lol:

T

TwilightImaging

I'll be driving quite a bit, but knowing it takes up to 2 hours of driving to cross Houston alone...it'll be nice to drive and actually get to another place:whistle:
I was in Aberdeen for a bit...hopefully Baltimore isn't any worse than New York City...but yes I will be sure to dodge any lead flying my direction.
Looking at the map...there are a LOAD of boats in the area. Sharon has
been in the Americas Cup race, captained a few boats, a Marine Biologist and is now teaching...so I should get some time out on the H2o. :yahoo:

As a note for all you shooters...she was saying years ago there were a few photographers shooting boating races and events in southern Md...but lately they are extremely hard to find. Many Marinas and boating clubs are looking for people to shoot these events...and if I owned a $200,000.00 sailboat or yaht instead of a beat up Mako an a few kayaks:( I'm sure a nice clear blown up image would be an easy sale...something for you somd'ers should look into.

I did some work for a guy that just purchased one of those Yamaha Jet boats, he wanted pictures of him doing INSANE maneuvers in that thing...which by the way...is the scariest ride I ever went on!:barf::yikes:
Thanks for the tips!!!!!!!!!:buddies:
Sharon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

onebdzee

off the shelf
Used to live at the end of Chalk Pt. Rd.
West River and Rhodes River are great.
If your cousin has a boat there you're set for a day+ of pictures. Or drive to the end of Shady Side, called Idlewilde.
Annapolis for quaint shops in downtown.
Ft. McHenry in Balt.
Don't know about BelAir.
When you're on the water its breezy and colder than you might expect.

:yeahthat:

The Gun Powder River is pretty cool, too(lots of walking though)....downtown Bel Air has built up so much in the last 5 or so years that it's a mess

Havre DeGrace, Port Deposit and Conowingo are pretty cool....but, they are a little farther north(less than an hour)

wineo

loving life
Parkton is near BelAir and has some nice back roads with rolling fields and barns, etc. Only 40 min to York. Nice area, SIL lives there.

I

Inkpen

I'll be up in the Md area. Staying with my cousin in Churchton and driving the hour to look at Bel Air in the next week or so. Any ideas...lemme know.

Honestly, I'll look for places for a day or two................and shoot the rest:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Thanks again...

TI:
patuxent river park is a great place to shoot widlife and osprey....and , of course, the Patuxent River.

When are you planing to be up here?