Grizzlies at Knight Inlet Lodge

T

TwilightImaging

If you have never been to Vancouver Island or the area...plan a trip...it is amazing beyond imagine! The photo-ops and endless! Alaska is breathtaking but this...this I just can't put into words...
Here is a link to Knight Inlet Lodge

...which also serves as the base for "Vital Ground." I am sure you have all seen or heard of Bart the Bear and Doug & Lynne Seus...There are a few video clips here of the Inlet Lodge, Bart, Bump, Bart 2 and tank as well as Jennifer, Lynne and Doug!

The video...The Legacy of Bart is exceptional...the Seus' are doing great work out there in Utah.

Last edited by a moderator:

KurtPreston

I've never set foot on Vancouver Island, but have passed by it slowly on a cruise ship while doing an Inside Passage cruise. One of the photographers I converse with at smugmug lives on the island near Victoria. I've been salivating for a chance to fly out there for a week or more. Here's a shot from my old film camera of the mountains you can see on Vancouver Island while transiting the Inside Passage:

94094654_3cDof-L.jpg

T

TwilightImaging

I've never set foot on Vancouver Island, but have passed by it slowly on a cruise ship while doing an Inside Passage cruise. One of the photographers I converse with at smugmug lives on the island near Victoria. I've been salivating for a chance to fly out there for a week or more. Here's a shot from my old film camera of the mountains you can see on Vancouver Island while transiting the Inside Passage:

94094654_3cDof-L.jpg

What an image!!! I say we get some people together and make the trip...I can ask Doug about it...or we could go to Utah and meet Bart and Bump? The week trips to the Lodge are really affordable for all you get. that place will hit your soul like you couldn't ever imagine!

Last edited by a moderator:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Very cool story, Mikey. :yay: I saw the movie "The Bear" and had seen a story about Bart but didn't know what happened to him. Sad. But Little Bart and his sister look like a pair of pistols. He's got his hands full. :lol:

T

TwilightImaging

Yeah...Bart is a legend...he was 9.5 feet tall and an amazing animal in every way! A big loss. Bump is a lot smaller than Little bart but she more than holds her own.

T

TwilightImaging

I always wanted to go to Vancouver Island and it seems that I will finally go this summer.

G'fun...bring a kazillion memory cards and go crazy...this trip will change your life...trust me!