Spring cleaning at Lunch today...

T

TwilightImaging

Not like the Osprey images but it was neat watching her clean out a bit.

IMG_4377.jpg

IMG_4334.jpg

IMG_4355.jpg

IMG_4320.jpg

M

Mousebaby

WOW!!!

Now, how do you know that's the she?

Could be the He! :shrug:

T

TwilightImaging

WOW!!!

Now, how do you know that's the she?

Could be the He! :shrug:

Actually...you're right Mouse'...the male has a red 'stache and the female black. He must be young as he was rather small compared to the full grown adults.

T

TwilightImaging

It was actually a hard shoot...he would go inside knock a bit and then the time he showed at his door and spat the wood out was about a tenth of a second and in he went. I think I shot 100 trying to get the debris...maybe 30 had the chips flying.
Not great photos but watching the process was cool...thanks,

T

TwilightImaging

For those of you who havn't had the displeasure of feeling Fire Ants...I stuck this cup on a mound...not an ant to be seen at first...and the image was taken within 2 seconds of putting it there. they are FAST and relentless. No wonder they take down cattle...ouch!
IMG_4449.JPG

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
For those of you who havn't had the displeasure of feeling Fire Ants...I stuck this cup on a mound...not an ant to be seen at first...and the image was taken within 2 seconds of putting it there. they are FAST and relentless. No wonder they take down cattle...ouch!

Okay, I could have done without seeing THAT. :shudder: :twitch:

I

Inkpen

IMG_4449.JPG

:jameo:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUN FOREST,RUN!!!!!!!!!

T

TwilightImaging

:jameo:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUN FOREST,RUN!!!!!!!!!

Okay...here's my first encounter real quick like...I was remodeling a house which was on a corner lot in a "well to do" neighborhood. I went outside, turned on the hose in the front yard to clean a drywall knife...I knelt down and instantly felt my legs burn like acid had been poured on them.

Right up the shorts and in seconds I had over 100 bites...and they DO NOT LET GO! So here I am tearing my clothes off as fast as possible jumping and yelling...they were everywhere and you have to pinch the heads off to get them off. Eventually after a few cars stopped, neighbor lady came outside...yadayada and I'm neked and fearing for my life. Not funny!

Now they are not so bad I think I'm immune or something:whistle:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Okay...here's my first encounter real quick like...I was remodeling a house which was on a corner lot in a "well to do" neighborhood. I went outside, turned on the hose in the front yard to clean a drywall knife...I knelt down and instantly felt my legs burn like acid had been poured on them.

Right up the shorts and in seconds I had over 100 bites...and they DO NOT LET GO! So here I am tearing my clothes off as fast as possible jumping and yelling...they were everywhere and you have to pinch the heads off to get them off. Eventually after a few cars stopped, neighbor lady came outside...yadayada and I'm neked and fearing for my life. Not funny!

Now they are not so bad I think I'm immune or something:whistle:
:lmao: Sorry for your pain but the imagery is priceless. :killingme

But it's still not as good as the kite story, I'll bet. :duh: