Left before dark this morning...

T

TwilightImaging

Most of these were shot at 3200 iso and higher...it was so dark and I had the 100-400 with me. The Ibis...I left the Kayak and crept up to them...here are a few of them. Ibis are cool but very itchey to take off, I made it to about 30 feet. It was so cold this morning, about 50...I had to light a fire out there:killingme I wish I knew how to make the images larger?
The spoonbill...I was on the water so he/she didn't give a hoot that I was there...
spoon_twi.jpg

bill_grouptwi.JPG

bill_1_twi.JPG

T

TwilightImaging

Thanks...I need to post more of the Spoon...I have a few with it squaking and water droplets on its bill...man it was dark...grilling now though:):):)

*can't wait for md!

T

TwilightImaging

Thanks ever'body...a bit grainy but...they were taken in Kingwood texas...Lake Houston park...specifically San jacinto River area.

DANG IT! The grill just ran out of 'petro...steaks 1/2 done grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Loper

Animal Poor!
Most of these were shot at 3200 iso and higher...it was so dark and I had the 100-400 with me. The Ibis...I left the Kayak and crept up to them...here are a few of them. Ibis are cool but very itchey to take off, I made it to about 30 feet. It was so cold this morning, about 50...I had to light a fire out there:killingme I wish I knew how to make the images larger?
The spoonbill...I was on the water so he/she didn't give a hoot that I was there...

Nice pictures!
What camera do you shoot with? Both my canons only go up to 1600 ISO

T

TwilightImaging

I have a 30d, 5d and a mark111, but the swamp camera is the 30...I have lost two now in the river...dang alligators...it's amazing how fast they are!
Still have an xti with all the whistles if anyone is interested?
The rebels have a firmware hack that you can boost the iso settings...I did it to my orig...rebel.