are your kids like this?

jenbengen

Watch it
I've noticed in the past year that my 7 year old has a ton of bruises on her legs. I chalked it up to just playing and bruising easily. But a friend sent me a pic she took of kiddo yesterday and I was shocked at how beat up her legs looked. She has a few bruises aside from her legs, too, but nothing crazy. So the paranoid momma in me thinks bad things like leukemia. But I fear going to the doc and them saying she's just a kid who plays. She's not a rough and tumble girl...otherwise I'd just say she just plays hard. She is very skinny.

Anybody else have kids that look like this? She is going to look quite interesting come shorts season. :lmao: Poor kid.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
when I was younger I was uber skinny and bruised like crazy - bump me and I had a bruise. When my dad was worried someone would think he was beating me, I got taken to the dr. Anemia. Pure and simple. Seems the skinner you are more likely you are to have it. Increase iron rich foods and supplements.

SoMDGirl42

I've noticed in the past year that my 7 year old has a ton of bruises on her legs. I chalked it up to just playing and bruising easily. But a friend sent me a pic she took of kiddo yesterday and I was shocked at how beat up her legs looked. She has a few bruises aside from her legs, too, but nothing crazy. So the paranoid momma in me thinks bad things like leukemia. But I fear going to the doc and them saying she's just a kid who plays. She's not a rough and tumble girl...otherwise I'd just say she just plays hard. She is very skinny.

Anybody else have kids that look like this? She is going to look quite interesting come shorts season. :lmao: Poor kid.

If she's not a rough and tumble type kid, a doctors visit wouldn't be a bad thing. It may just be she is just a little low in vitimin K which assists with clotting and needs some extra vitimins. I wouldn't immediately jump to leukemia. Put your mind at ease and have her checked just to be sure. Physicals for kids don't need to end after they receive all their baby shots.

Cowgirl

Girlie (2.5 yrs) had several bruises on her legs when she came back from her mom's house last week. She told me she fell in the kitchen. I tend to be paranoid though....it's hard not knowing what goes on at the other house sometimes. :eek:veractiveimagination: :lmao:

SAB

Shirley
All three of my kids bruise easily too. The doctor's office actually said that as long as the bruises were below his waist I was okay -- like they thought I beat the kids. Children always bump into things and fall down and it doesn't bother them - it just looks scarey. Don't worry about it.

Shirley

jenbengen

Watch it
:huggy: Thanks everybody for your input. I was anemic my whole childhood, but I don't remember it making me bruise...just made me tired. She's on vitamins, but maybe next time she goes in to the doc I'll discuss making sure she doesn't have a vitamin deficiency or something similar. Of course, she is a skinny minny, so running into anything will probably bruise the kid. She has no fat on her body. Oh, to be 8 again. :lmao:

Thanks again! I feel better now.

Callie girl

Yeah I would ask next time you take her. I bruise easily even if I slightly bump into something but I have had a lot of bruising before and the dr. tested me for anemia and put me on iron :shrug:

M

Mousebaby

:huggy: Thanks everybody for your input. I was anemic my whole childhood, but I don't remember it making me bruise...just made me tired. She's on vitamins, but maybe next time she goes in to the doc I'll discuss making sure she doesn't have a vitamin deficiency or something similar. Of course, she is a skinny minny, so running into anything will probably bruise the kid. She has no fat on her body. Oh, to be 8 again. :lmao:

Thanks again! I feel better now.

Try Flinstones complete plus iron! It will make a big difference in the bruising. My youngest had a similar problem, he also has dark circles under his eyes which scared me worse. I was thinking all kinds of horrible things. Just anemic. :shrug:

You do need to keep an eye out for constipation though. If that happens then alternate every other day with an iron enriched vitamin.

jenbengen

Watch it
Try Flinstones complete plus iron! It will make a big difference in the bruising. My youngest had a similar problem, he also has dark circles under his eyes which scared me worse. I was thinking all kinds of horrible things. Just anemic. :shrug:

You do need to keep an eye out for constipation though. If that happens then alternate every other day with an iron enriched vitamin.

She has dark circles under her eyes, too.