Ranch club, dogs, meth heads, bad drivers

craberta

I have decided to walk inspite of these hazards, maybe running away from them will do me some good. So far I have gone 3 days in a row! In just these 3 20 minute walks I have almost had one buttock removed my a car, a dog come after me, and a meth head screaming at the top of her lungs about a phone! I have lost 3 pounds!:dance:

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I have decided to walk inspite of these hazards, maybe running away from them will do me some good. So far I have gone 3 days in a row! In just these 3 20 minute walks I have almost had one buttock removed my a car, a dog come after me, and a meth head screaming at the top of her lungs about a phone! I have lost 3 pounds!:dance:

I hear meth is really good for weight loss. Keep up the good work!:high5:

Last edited:

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Come to think of it, that girl was sooooo thin!

I wish I could run, you are very lucky. I'm a walker, bike rider, swimmer. Running and I are not on good terms. I have this whole bronchial asthma thingy and my joints don't appreciate it either. You go!:yahoo:

craberta

Well, I can't run either. I have a bum knee. I "skidaddle" Only if I really have to though. I am afraid I will have to run for my life and die in mid "skidaddle.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Depending on what time of day and where you're walking you might want to invest in something like this. There are a lot of nuts out there, keep alert. I had a scary encounter with a creep on a wooded trail in my subdivision some years back, thank heavens for a pack of kids on bikes coming through.

R

residentofcre

I'm not sure where you're walking... That might be a good topic for Becky's Corkboard.... BUT [pardon the phonetic pun]

CRE is going to sponsor the Walk Away the Pounds video walking in the safety of the Management Office Lower Level for members... If we get too many of us... it will be changed to the Clubhouse...

I like the video walking... that way I don't have to go up and down hills or dodge cars. I hate dogs that run up to the fence and scare the bejesus out of me. I like the Campgrounds for walking if I am going to walk outside. The paths are clear and the scenery is nice.

What time of day is best for you? [If we're going to schedule a WATP session] I work all day... so evening is when I would like it...

signora

I'm not sure where you're walking... That might be a good topic for Becky's Corkboard.... BUT [pardon the phonetic pun]

CRE is going to sponsor the Walk Away the Pounds video walking in the safety of the Management Office Lower Level for members... If we get too many of us... it will be changed to the Clubhouse...

I like the video walking... that way I don't have to go up and down hills or dodge cars. I hate dogs that run up to the fence and scare the bejesus out of me. I like the Campgrounds for walking if I am going to walk outside. The paths are clear and the scenery is nice.

What time of day is best for you? [If we're going to schedule a WATP session] I work all day... so evening is when I would like it...

Walking videos are okay to do occassionally, but I think marching in place or walking back and forth for 1-3 miles in a set area gets boring and doesn't really provide the same benefit as walking outside, around a track or even on a treadmill.

Last edited:
R

residentofcre

Walking videos are okay to do occassionally, but I think marching in place or walking back and forth for 1-3 miles in a set area gets boring and doesn't really provide the same benefit as walking outside, around a track or even on a treadmill.

There are miles of walking paths in CRE that don't require a person to walk in front of a car... they aren't used right now....

The option will be there... maybe if the walkers in the group got out and walked together... the dogs and other activities would be quieted... oh wait.. that would be Neighborhood Watch... it meets the 3rd Monday of the month... and it would work the same way... get out and walk with a buddy...

If there is a meth lab in CRE ... please call the police and get it closed... if you don't want to get involved... PM Me and I'll take it on... We all want to have a safe place to raise our children....