Is the Vista upgrade out there yet?

R

residentofcre

I heard it was coming but I haven't heard any reviews .... so I have to ask...

R

residentofcre

You mean the service pack right?

:snort: I just spewed coffee all over the place.

Remember when O/S's were on 5 1/4" disk's or cassette tape? :lmao:

Yeah I meant the service pack....

And I remember punch cards, hanging tapes, tape running up and down in the tubes... oh and a disk... that was the size of a round bistro table and took a man to pick it up....

I worked for NSA in the early 70's... I remember the 3620 printers.... when they were state of the art... and only took up an 8X8 space

Yup. Just threw out DOS 3 on 5.25 disks.

Yeah I meant the service pack....

And I remember punch cards, hanging tapes, tape running up and down in the tubes... oh and a disk... that was the size of a round bistro table and took a man to pick it up....

I worked for NSA in the early 70's... I remember the 3620 printers.... when they were state of the art... and only took up an 8X8 space
Yup. I had a version of Star Trek on punch cards in FORTRAN. 4 boxes worth. It was a big deal when I was able to copy it all to a 9 track tape. "Tape Hanger".. that was my first job.

R

residentofcre

I strongly recommend that you back all your personal data up first, and set a System Restore Point before applying the upgrade.

Well then... that sounds like a weekend project :flowers:

Thank you:huggy:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Did anyone notice this on the DL screen?? :popcorn:

DO NOT CLICK DOWNLOAD IF YOU ARE UPDATING JUST ONE COMPUTER: A smaller, more appropriate download is available on Windows Update.

R

RadioPatrol

Commodore 64 / 128 .... the OS was Built in .....

basher

LEET
Depending on the speed of your machine should take about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. It's pretty much automatic...will reboot itself a few times then tell you it successfully installed. It's painless.

so has it really made any noticeable improvements? ie. is your pc running faster?

jrtime

so has it really made any noticeable improvements? ie. is your pc running faster?

It has improved some wireless problems..i.e. wireless usb nic doesn't lose connection and can now synch between outlook and mobile phone. Can't see any change in overall performance.