When did you quit on Chantix??

Sadysue

I started Chantix 10 days ago. I am down to about 10 a day from a pack a day. My cravings have greatly decreased, however, I'm worried because I haven't completely stopped yet. Is this normal?

I'm hoping that my cravings will keep decreasing and I will eventually quit. Also, I know some of it is habit. I seem to do better when I am busy and not bored.

I am just curious, how long on average do people find they are able to quit after starting Chantix?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I started Chantix 10 days ago. I am down to about 10 a day from a pack a day. My cravings have greatly decreased, however, I'm worried because I haven't completely stopped yet. Is this normal?

I'm hoping that my cravings will keep decreasing and I will eventually quit. Also, I know some of it is habit. I seem to do better when I am busy and not bored.

I am just curious, how long on average do people find they are able to quit after starting Chantix?

I started January 19th and wanted to quit. I do have to admit that I do have about a 1/2 a ciggy once in a while, but the major cravings are gone for the most part.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
after 2 weeks I was down to 2-3 a day. At 3 weeks I was smoking 1 a day and gave the rest of my smokes away because the only reason I was smoking them was because they were there.

Sadysue

after 2 weeks I was down to 2-3 a day. At 3 weeks I was smoking 1 a day and gave the rest of my smokes away because the only reason I was smoking them was because they were there.

That seems like the way I am heading. I sure hope so! Thanks for posting. That is really encouraging.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

I just got a prescription on Thursday.
Doctor told me to wait before taking them.
He wants to do a blood test to check my LIVER enzymes.
He said Chantix will increase your liver enzymes.

Damn, he is going to be in for a surprise.

Mdcopswife

Boss Lady
How is Chantix suppose to be taken? I thought you were to take the first week of pills and quit on the second week...? ? ?

Hubby got his prescription and the doctor told him to take them while smoking for the first week. I think the website can give you some more info on how best to take it.

CandaceMM

Ummmmm ....
You're supposed to smoke the first week that you take the pills - and set a quit date for the 8th day. It says no smoking after that. You have to WANT to quit for the medicine to be effective.

morningbell

hmmmmmm

just don't kill yerself, I hear that suicide is a side effect:dead:

bcp

In My Opinion
I started chantix the first week of August 07.
I basically put down the smokes on august 11 and over the next week and a half while on vacation I smoked about 10 cigarettes. When I got back from vacation I bought a pack out of habit, smoked one, put one in my car just in case, and gave the rest of the pack away.

I have not purchased a pack since then, and I have not smoked since then. I still have the cigarette that I put in my car, its now rolled at the end to keep the dry tobacco from falling out, and it is taped together because it broke.

I still have some pretty strong cravings from time to time and at certain times it would take very little to get me to light up again.

good luck with the quiting, If I can do it, anyone can,

I started January 19th and wanted to quit. I do have to admit that I do have about a 1/2 a ciggy once in a while, but the major cravings are gone for the most part.

Did you have any side effects? A coworker took it and he had very vivid dreams to the point where he had to quit taking it. I have it, but I have not started using it for that reason.

bcp

In My Opinion
Did you have any side effects? A coworker took it and he had very vivid dreams to the point where he had to quit taking it. I have it, but I have not started using it for that reason.
I had the vivid dreams, but it was more a bonus than anything else, I cant ever remember getting that much action from so many different models before... but I digress.......

it was however a serious problem coming off of the chantix, I would almost say it was worse than quitting cold turkey, but by that point I refused to go back to smoking so I just dealt with it.

Sadysue

I started chantix the first week of August 07.
I basically put down the smokes on august 11 and over the next week and a half while on vacation I smoked about 10 cigarettes. When I got back from vacation I bought a pack out of habit, smoked one, put one in my car just in case, and gave the rest of the pack away.

I have not purchased a pack since then, and I have not smoked since then. I still have the cigarette that I put in my car, its now rolled at the end to keep the dry tobacco from falling out, and it is taped together because it broke.

I still have some pretty strong cravings from time to time and at certain times it would take very little to get me to light up again.

good luck with the quiting, If I can do it, anyone can,

Today is day 13 for me. I have smoked 4 cigs today and only have about 3 hours until I go to bed. When I do light one, I only smoke about half. It is hard to believe I can do this when 13 days ago I was smoking a pack or a pack and a half a day.

I think in a couple of days, I will be quit for good.

Congratulations to all that have quit! :getdown:

Sadysue

I had the vivid dreams, but it was more a bonus than anything else, I cant ever remember getting that much action from so many different models before... but I digress.......

it was however a serious problem coming off of the chantix, I would almost say it was worse than quitting cold turkey, but by that point I refused to go back to smoking so I just dealt with it.

I had a couple of :gossip: dreams. :blushing:
and some................. :cough: :cough: gas :whistle:

But nothing that would make me stop taking it.