Daycare

Just wanted to get some idea's from parents out there.

I am in the process of re-doing my downstairs room for daycare. I am trying to think of a theme to do it in and just wanted to get some idea's from parents on what they would like to see more of in a family daycare? All of your comments are greatly appreciated.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Primary color, alpabet, numbers, shapes, nursery rhymes, etc. would be a good idea.

Lilly

The Original Lilly
The home daycare my boys attend/ed was great. She had the primary colors thing going with all kinds of posters for different age levels (numbers, seasons, letters to money, months, etc.). What I like most about her room is how seasonal it is. She always has some craft going depending on the season or upcoming holiday and lets the kids go all out decorating the room for CHirstmas or Easter or Halloween or SPring or even St. Pattys Day.

jrogers

Originally posted by Guest
Just wanted to get some idea's from parents out there.

I am in the process of re-doing my downstairs room for daycare. I am trying to think of a theme to do it in and just wanted to get some idea's from parents on what they would like to see more of in a family daycare? All of your comments are greatly appreciated.

Ask your children, they have the best imagination, and I sometimes think their ideas are better!!
Let them do the decorating, so parents will see that you let their children explore their minds and that they have choices.

Good Luck with everything, I now how hard it is to get everything going, but remember its well worth it.
A daycare providers job is a very important one!!!

Have Fun!!:bubble:

watercolor

yeah yeah
Children's handprints in colors on top of primary colors, along with letters of the alphabet and such, like rose Red Said!

and write out nursey rhymes and such on the walls , or whatever! I think it would be awesome, and I would definatly recommend.

just outta curriosity....what are your qualifications????

fear nothing

The primary colors and alphabet are all well and fine, BUT they have been done over and over. On top of that it focuses on a certqain age group. What I we have done is a complete wall in proctective clear wall paper than an laminate on that.
the kids are allowed to finger paint or color the wall and when the wall fills up we take a picture and put it in our scrap book. clean the wall and start again. Make sure you have a good removeable washable rug securely set in front of the wall. We also take picture of the wall with the chilren aho helped create the wall and send them a copy home if the parents ask for it. The "wall" is also seasonal and has been a great fous for holidays.