Help!!!!!

sccrmommy

I kept hearing this noise all weekend and was freaking out. I thought I had a mouse behind my stove. After hearing a squeeking noise all weekend this morning I realized there is a birds next with babies in it in the vent from my stove. The vent is outside, but it's got the over hang thing on it and I can't see into the nest-but there's obviously babies in it. What should I do? I don't want to leave them there, I'm afraid the next time I turn the vent on they might die. At the same time, I don't want to get attacked by a protective momma! My daughter was cracking up this morning when I was telling her I didn't want the Mom coming after me. Her exact words were "ahhh *sigh* classic comedy". Wonderful 7 year old supporter!!! HAHA, I guess it shows you how often I cook!!!

Cowgirl

I kept hearing this noise all weekend and was freaking out. I thought I had a mouse behind my stove. After hearing a squeeking noise all weekend this morning I realized there is a birds next with babies in it in the vent from my stove. The vent is outside, but it's got the over hang thing on it and I can't see into the nest-but there's obviously babies in it. What should I do? I don't want to leave them there, I'm afraid the next time I turn the vent on they might die. At the same time, I don't want to get attacked by a protective momma! My daughter was cracking up this morning when I was telling her I didn't want the Mom coming after me. Her exact words were "ahhh *sigh* classic comedy". Wonderful 7 year old supporter!!! HAHA, I guess it shows you how often I cook!!!

If all you're worried about is being attacked by the momma, go for it. It's a little birdie. What's the worst that can happen. :shrug:

:whistle:

sccrmommy

Well I'm more concerned that the Mom will abandon the nest if I move it and the babies will die. I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience.

And it's not just a little birdie, have you ever been a p*ssed off Mom b.c someone was near your babies? I can just picture her coming at me now and get all tangled in my hair!

Cowgirl

Well I'm more concerned that the Mom will abandon the nest if I move it and the babies will die. I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience.

And it's not just a little birdie, have you ever been a p*ssed off Mom b.c someone was near your babies? I can just picture her coming at me now and get all tangled in my hair!

:lol: I wouldn't be worried about a bird. I've been chased my a pissed off momma cow. :lmao:

jenbengen

Watch it
:lol: I wouldn't be worried about a bird. I've been chased my a pissed off momma cow. :lmao:

:killingme

I'm not sure what you can do now that they are already there. A friend of mine had this problem...even had a squirrel get into his house and die while he was deployed (imagine finding a squirrel dead in your couch!). I am pretty sure that there are products around that protect your vents from having animals take shelter there. As for an immediate solution- I'm clueless.

sccrmommy

Attacked by a cow? OMG that's funny. Actually did you hear on the news on Friday about the 70 year old man that died after a cow got mad and rammed into him?

Is that how you got your name COWgirl? LOL

Cowgirl

Attacked by a cow? OMG that's funny. Actually did you hear on the news on Friday about the 70 year old man that died after a cow got mad and rammed into him?

Is that how you got your name COWgirl? LOL

Not exacly by getting butted....but you got the idea.

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
:lol:

I used to catch young bats in pillowcases when they'd get in the house when I was a kid and was chased by a rutting deer once.:ohwell:

L

littledarling

There are places in the somd area that will raise the babies if you must move them. I think Cypress Swamp will take them. I've seen that the mother flies away when she becomes startled, but I would still be cautious.

Rael

Supper's Ready

I bet it's a starling nest. I'd wear gloves, reach in and pull it out. Then try to cover up the way they get in (use a screen or something). Otherwise they'll keep coming back.