Fishing Report

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
hey everyone

just a quick note to tell you about the fishing we did yesterday just west of the 3 legged ... before AND after the summer storm ...lol... the fish were biting good when we saw the clouds and heard the thunder... figures , anyways we fished more afterwards, glad we did cause we ended up with a cooler full of nice fish ! We caught several 12 - 16.5 in croaker , a few spot ( caught them on night crawlers ) and 2 flounder that were too small to keep ( one was 16.5 in , couldn't believe it !! :frown: anyways , that was our day :smile: did anyone else go fishing yesterday ? if so, how did you do ?

And I have a quick question ... is there a size limit on spot ?

Rane

Thanks Tipsy :smile: we thought we had read somewhere that there was no size limit on spot but wanted to be sure .

Rane

Thanks Ken , hubby has already discovered those websites , trying to learn all there is to fishing in maryland waters ... very different from southern waters ... but we are enjoying every minute :smile: now if only cold weather will hold off till we are tired of fishing ( which is never )

Glad to hear you had good luck. I took the boat out with my oldest boy on saturday. Went to the powerlines n. of the Benidict bridge. Was drifting south w/ motor in idle when we hit a cross current. Turned the boat sideways and sent us bow first towards the concrete base of the tower. Jumped up and put the motor in reverse. Motor got power before it clicked into reverse, went forward. Hit the concrete. Bow rode up on the concrete about 3 feet, THEN the motor decided to go into reverse. Backed right down. Good spot of damage to the bow about six inches below the point, then just a scrape down to about two inches below the waterline. Took on no water and all the damage is stuff I can fix. Anchored once I got away from the tower. Boat ran great the rest of the time. Caught no fish. Had one good hit on my line, but I was messing with the boy's line. He was very excited to see my rod bending and jumping. Probably was a good size croaker or catfish. It got off before I could get to the rod after finishing with the boy's line.

Rane

Darn , huntr1 , that must have been some current !! There was a similar cross current last weekend, the tide was going one way, the under current another ... felt like an undertow ... was impossible to keep our lines in one spot ... anyways, glad you can fix your boat :smile: Hope you have better luck fishing next time !