Anybody ever heard of these cookies???

jrogers

Ive been trying to find the recipe for a certian kind of cookie!
"Wasp Nest Cookies"
Their very good, by the way!!!
The are made with chocolate and I found one recipe but it was for something different.
( Life By Chocolate! )
Ive been trying to find this recipe for months with no luck!

Any of you guys ever heard of it???
Thanks in advance!!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
No, I haven't heard of them. But anything with chocolate in it sounds yummy! :yum: How are they made--drop, roll, refrigerate, or bake? And what are some of the ingredients, if you know them?

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Here is one for a Wasp Nest Cake, can't find one for the cookies. Bet if you played with this you could come up with your own.

1 (3 ounce) box cook and serve vanilla pudding
2 cup milk
1 yellow cake mix
1 12 oz. pkg. butterscotch morsels

On the stovetop, mix pudding with milk and bring to a boil.
Dump in box of cake mix. Stir and pour into a greased 9 X 13 inch pan.
Sprinkle on butterscotch morsels.
Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Let cool; serve.

jrogers

No but if i ever do find it and i make some ill share the recipe with everyone!!
Thanks for trying to help!!:D

romance

One of the sinners
My family makes a cookie called "Bird's Nest" cookies. It may be the same thing, just different names. I can get ahold of her later this evening, if you would want the recipe.

watercolor

yeah yeah
ooooooooooohhhh! I know how to make birds nest cookies...mmmm...dunno if they are the same way you make em romance...but I like em!

Leemo

The recipe is in Fannie Farmer's Cookbook. It is a sugar syrup, slivered almonds, grated chocolate, egg whites and confectioner's sugar. Be sure that the chocolate is finely grated so that it melts when mixed in with the hot syrup, almond, egg white and sugar mixture. Regular oven is better than convection.

softtouch

The recipe is in Fannie Farmer's Cookbook. It is a sugar syrup, slivered almonds, grated chocolate, egg whites and confectioner's sugar. Be sure that the chocolate is finely grated so that it melts when mixed in with the hot syrup, almond, egg white and sugar mixture. Regular oven is better than convection.
I think the OP may have died of old age by now.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
My sister just told me about these cookies, she said she makes them all the time (the first one on the page) they sound strange, made with crushed potato chips and pretzels.

Slam Dunks - Relish

I couldn't find wasp nest cookies.

dorothydot

Hi, did a Google search and came up with this, from
Michigan Sugar Company - Recipe
Wasp's Nest Cookies

Yield: 8 dozen
Category: Cookies

Ingredients
1/2 lb. almonds, blanched & shredded
1/2 C Pioneer or Big Chief Sugar
1/4 C water
3 egg whites
1 pkg. (8 oz.) mini semi-sweet chocolate morsels
2 C Pioneer/Big Chief Confectioners Powdered Sugar

Directions
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Butter and flour cookie sheets; set aside. Cook Pioneer or Big Chief Sugar and water together until syrup spins a thread; stir in almonds and chocolate morsels. Stir to melt chocolate. Beat egg whites very stiff. Add Pioneer/Big Chief Confectioners Powdered Sugar by spoonfuls beating constantly. Add chocolate and almond mixture. Put 1/2 tsp. of dough on prepared cookie sheets about 2-inches apart. Bake until dry (about 25 minutes). Let stand 10 minutes before removing from pan.

From the kitchen of Barbara Staschke of Royal Oak, MI, contestant of the 2007 'Best Christmas Cookie/Bar in Michigan Baking Contest'. Contest held at Zehnders of Frankenmuth and sponsored by AAA Living and Pioneer Sugar.
Is that what you wanted?

Last edited: